k2 lens not fitted well or?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

lukica
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

k2 lens not fitted well or?

Postby lukica » Sun 28 Mar 2021 12:57 pm

I had crosslinking on the right eye 5 months ago. Recently wanted to give a try to lenses. I was wearing glasses and having 100% vision with them, but I was seeing double lights, shadows.....

We had trouble fitting lens on that eye, it was very hard to find good one. After couple times we found good one..(we tried with normal rgp ones)
I got rose k2 one week later. The problem is that my focusing is not so perfect and I dont see sharp as I see with glasses.
Also I feel that lens is rubbing/scratching lower part of my eye... I dont feel some sort of rubbing/scratching in other part of eye..

This is my first time that I wear lens so I dont know if this is normal for 1-2 weeks or I should immediately( after 30 mins-1hour ) see better with lens?

gsward
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: k2 lens not fitted well or?

Postby gsward » Sun 28 Mar 2021 2:20 pm

It sounds like your optometrist needs to see you when you have had your lens in for an hour or so.

lukica

Postby lukica » Sat 03 Apr 2021 6:23 pm

gsward wrote:It sounds like your optometrist needs to see you when you have had your lens in for an hour or so.

Thanks!
I am still kinda struggling with lenses.
The lens is now more comfortable, but I feel like I dont see so good as I see with glasses...

gsward
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby gsward » Sat 03 Apr 2021 6:44 pm

That's interesting if it has improved a little. Your eye may be accommodating to the lens. I would try reducing your wearing time. We don't know what you are doing at the moment i.e. the pattern each day, but something like halving your wear time and leaving a good 2 hours between sessions might help. If all is good, you can increase the time but still have the breaks between.

lukica

Postby lukica » Thu 08 Apr 2021 8:10 pm

It has accommodated I think in terms of comfortability..I was wearing them for maybe 3-4 hours.. Anyway I think it is false diopter (prescription).. Will change it soon :D
Thanks! Btw, I am not an english speaker so words arent perfect :D

Return to “General Discussion Forum”