Oculus Pentacam 4 Maps Refractive

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

taylan
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Oculus Pentacam 4 Maps Refractive

Postby taylan » Thu 14 Jan 2021 11:14 am

Hi all, I'm Taylan I'm from Istanbul. I've just joined the group. This forum is great to get info about KC.
I was diagnosed with KC 3 years ago(when I was 25) in my left eye. After several doctors visiting, They advised me to get CXL both eyes because I also had KC in my right eye but my right was better than my left so I could see well. I started using hybrid RGB contact lenses on the left eye, my vision was not perfect but it was better than before. After using 2 months, my left eye started getting strong pain when wearing a contact lens. I visited my doctor after trying to wear with this pain 3-4 times and she advised me to wear Kerasoft. I currently wear Kerasoft, my vision is not too bad with them.

I summarized my story above and I need a little help. As I said I normally live in Istanbul but I came to London 4 months ago. I'll back to Istanbul in June.
I need to take eye topography to send my doc in Istanbul for monitoring my eyes. My previous topographies were taken by using Oculus Pentacam 4 Maps Refractive. I know that some of the eye clinics use a different device and technology to observe KC. I searched on the internet eye clinics and I saw Moorfields, they use Oculus Pentacam 4. Do you know which clinics use Oculus Pentacam 4? and could you give me advise any clinic near Wandsworth or somewhere London near me?

Thank you for this wonderful and helpful forum. It inspired me to open Turkish KC forum to help people who suffer KC in Turkey.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Oculus Pentacam 4 Maps Refractive

Postby Anne Klepacz » Thu 14 Jan 2021 4:55 pm

Hello Taylan and welcome,
It's great that you've opened a Turkish forum - every country should have one!
I don't know the answer to your query, but have a look at the Greater London optometrists on this list. Quite a few of them are likely to use an Oculus Pentacam but you'll need to ring around to find out which.
https://www.keratoconus-group.org.uk/in ... ometrists/

taylan
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Oculus Pentacam 4 Maps Refractive

Postby taylan » Mon 01 Feb 2021 7:22 pm

Thank you for your reply Anne. I registered for my GP last week and I went today. He referred me to Specsavers.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”