Wavefront guided scleral lenses

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

thhancock3
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Wavefront guided scleral lenses

Postby thhancock3 » Fri 14 Aug 2020 9:07 am

Hi,

I've managed to get pretty good vision with Dr Gremoules in TX almost 20/20 in left and 20/25 in right. This is by far the best vision I've had from contacts for many years. There is definitely room for improvement though as I still have significant double vision in the left and minor HOA in both eyes. I am wondering if anyone knows of a similar service available in Europe (or anywhere else in the world) that can give similar or better results?

The abberometer used by Dr G has a resolution of something like 248 points. It seems to be a relatively old piece of kit compared to what is available right now. For example the CSO Osiris abberometer claims a resolution of 40000 and also corrects for patient accomodation (the lens within the eye trying to focus and thereby changing the course of the wavefront) in real time. It would seem that using this technology, perhaps coupled with 3d printed lenses to reduce error in the manufacturing of the lens, could produce much improved results in fewer visits.

I would love to hear of anything in this line of treatment that competes with the Laserfit product. I think Laserfit is great but there would appear to be a lot of room for improvement by utilising more modern technology.

Take care,

Tom

Return to “General Discussion Forum”