Testimonial

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Skimhar
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Testimonial

Postby Skimhar » Sat 01 Aug 2020 8:06 pm

As a complex keratoconus patient, who the NHS were no longer able to fit Contact lenses for, I booked an appointment with Dr Dave at Eyetech, Coventry, who I found details of on the national keratoconus site. From the moment I contacted the practice I was treated with the highest customer service and was very impressed with the range of technology available within the practice to inform and assist with contact lens fitting. As a result of Dr Dave’s extensive knowledge and experience, I was fitted with custom made lenses. My most recent lens, a Zen scleral lens, (made to Dr Dave’s specification) has provided me with hugely improved vision and comfort. I can not recommend Eyetech and Dr Dave’s perseverance to achieve the best vision for his patients highly enough. Thank you for enabling me to maintain my independence .

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Re: Testimonial

Postby space_cadet » Wed 05 Aug 2020 8:04 am

so good to hear a positive outcome, and demonstrates that the "one size fits all" approach is not valid as we all have a different curve to our cornea which has to be specially tailored for to achieve optimal results. Wishing you all the best with your lens x
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Return to “General Discussion Forum”