Fed up!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Fed up!

Postby space_cadet » Thu 05 Mar 2020 5:41 pm

Last thursday 27 Feb I spent a few hours at eye casualty to have some protein and fillament deposits scrapped off my right eye, given a script for anti biotics and more lubrication and told I had a ulcer threatening to burst, and a couple of abrasions

Went back today and told ulcer has burst and is attempting to heal, more abrasions and more fillaments and protein deposits screaped away, and a couple of swabs taken for good measure!

Gotta go back on Saturday,

My Fibromialgia, ME and being pregnant are not helping with the healing

In a heckk of a lot of pain and utterly miserable

The only relief is my transplant isn't attempting to reject
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

space_cadet
Champion
Champion

Re: Fed up!

Postby space_cadet » Mon 09 Mar 2020 3:57 pm

went back Saturday morning had gained more Filaments so had them removed and more drops given, gotta go back on Friday afternoon to see how things are going

Utterly fed up of this as the pain is insane as I said to my partner the pain is worse than a Fibromialgia flare up which really does speak for itself!
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Bear

Postby Bear » Mon 09 Mar 2020 11:59 pm

Hang in there, just dreadful and especially when you are expecting. Such a hard time but you got this. Wishing you all the best for you and your family x

space_cadet
Champion
Champion

Postby space_cadet » Tue 10 Mar 2020 3:17 pm

Thanks Bear, during the day seems easier today but I am expecting the pain to hit later as been busy doing errands n running around today, will be praying for good news at the eye dept on Friday lunchtime which is when I am scheduled to be back down there for a review.
x

Green
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Green » Wed 18 Mar 2020 8:18 pm

Oh jesus I'm so sorry that's awful, how did the ulcer and abrasion occur? How is the pain?
((Hug))

space_cadet
Champion
Champion

Postby space_cadet » Thu 19 Mar 2020 8:40 am

no idea how they occured other than my body hates me n having a few auto immune things plus pregnancy equals more annoyance lol, the cornea fillaments are more painful if honest as only way to remove them is a professional to do it.

The pain is bad this morning but i can open my eye a bit so that is progress. x

Green
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Green » Fri 20 Mar 2020 10:19 pm

Hope it eases up soon

Return to “General Discussion Forum”