Soft Contact Lenses?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Keratetko
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

Soft Contact Lenses?

Postby Keratetko » Sun 05 Jan 2020 2:30 am

Hello a year ago, I was diagnosed with Keratoconus in Phase 1 and I got a prescription for glasses. With the new glasses I still saw 80%. I see everything and I can read things even from a distance, but when it is dark background and light font, I see it double. Yes, I know it is ghosting, but I left it and tried to get used to it.
Unfortunately, even after a year I did not get used to this and I do not know exactly what it is. I think keratoconus in the first stage can not make such patterns? Is it astigatism? Or how do I solve it?
I've never tried any hard lenses, just glasses. Right now I'm waiting for my first soft toric lens and see. Do you think they can help me?

Here you can see how I see the cursor on the monitor, for example:

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Soft Contact Lenses?

Postby Anne Klepacz » Mon 06 Jan 2020 3:11 pm

Hello and welcome. Yes, what you're seeing is typical of keratoconus and is down to the irregular astigmatism which is very difficult to correct with glasses. Your new toric lenses should make a difference. Let us know how you get on with them.

Keratetko

Postby Keratetko » Mon 06 Jan 2020 10:58 pm

Anne Klepacz wrote:Hello and welcome. Yes, what you're seeing is typical of keratoconus and is down to the irregular astigmatism which is very difficult to correct with glasses. Your new toric lenses should make a difference. Let us know how you get on with them.

Hello, thank you for information! Do you think will work normal toric soft lenses? Because I am waiting for it. I have also heard of hard lenses, but I think they are not needed for the first stage of keratoconus..
What you think? :)

Thanks!

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Postby Anne Klepacz » Wed 08 Jan 2020 3:48 pm

We're all different, so lenses that work well for one person don't always suit another. So you'll just have to wait until you get your torics and see what difference they make. At least you know there are other options if they don't do the trick for you. But hopefully they will! Good luck.

Keratetko

Postby Keratetko » Fri 10 Jan 2020 2:09 am

So unfortunately. Today I got my soft lenses and the vision is a little bit sharper, but the ghosts are still and even more with lenses. I'm really depressed. Even though my keratoconus is a mild, ghosts are very restrictive because I make my living as a graphic designer ....

Now I will live in England for half a year. Can you recommend the best keratoconus optometrist for hard lenses? I hope hard lenses will help me and recude ghost..

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Postby Anne Klepacz » Sat 11 Jan 2020 5:14 pm

I don't know where in the country you're living, but have a look at this list to see if there's an optometrist near you. https://www.keratoconus-group.org.uk/optoms/

Zackback
Vision: I'm coping with no aids

Postby Zackback » Wed 08 Dec 2021 9:52 pm

Hi just wondering if you have sorted out your ghosting issues and with what lenses ?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”