Do you have issues using a computer?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

gsward
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Do you have issues using a computer?

Postby gsward » Sun 24 Mar 2019 1:27 pm

Since you are reading this forum you must be and the chances are you will have some challenges using a screen.

This is a useful article that explains some of the options that exist on a Windows 10 laptop/desktop that might improve things (and why). You don't need to buy a new one.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2019/mar/21/best-windows-laptop-screen-size-poor-eyesight

It is not always about screen and font size. Sometimes even the small screen of a mobile device suitably is more helpful zoomed in is a more satisfactory solution. Colour, of course, can play a part, even reversed, say yellow on black is easier on the eyes.

Let us know if you have tips or experiences to share, or links to other articles.

Graham

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Re: Do you have issues using a computer?

Postby space_cadet » Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:35 pm

I invert colours and use Zoom Text for large text portions to both read and write for me but magnify everything as standard. on my iPhone I use voice over, then again I am legally blind due to my KC n other complications so my sight is far worse than most whom have KC on its own.
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Return to “General Discussion Forum”