Colds, Transplants, Fear, Rejection etal

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Colds, Transplants, Fear, Rejection etal

Postby space_cadet » Mon 28 Jan 2019 7:21 pm

As I have well documented my transplant has hardly been the gold star of how a transplant should be and react.

Last week I begun with what I assumed was just sinus issues n didnt think too much of it

Today I have woken with a full on cold,

my auto immune system hates me due to having fibromialgia, eythromialgia and ME on top of KC so I regularily end up with graft infections and rejection episodes

needless to say I am now on vigilent mode incase this cold progresses and am anxious.

Praying it remains a cold but the itchy eye, and waterness and light sensitivity all being heightened to normal levels for me are acting as flags, but no pain or redness as yet so not on panic stations as yet..

grrr.
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Green
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Colds, Transplants, Fear, Rejection etal

Postby Green » Sun 10 Feb 2019 7:50 pm

I feel for you, you've suffered a lot and I can appreciate why you feel anxious. I hope it's not another rejection episode. I'm thinking of you

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Vision: Other

Re: Colds, Transplants, Fear, Rejection etal

Postby space_cadet » Sun 10 Feb 2019 10:00 pm

so far doesn't seem to be rejection looming, my partner is keeping an "eye" on it for me, but downside of lowsy immune system with fibro and ME/CFS and Ethryomialgia on top only takes the slightest thing to bell curve the KC. x
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Return to “General Discussion Forum”