Scarring on cornea (pips)

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Martha2
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

Scarring on cornea (pips)

Postby Martha2 » Sat 12 Jan 2019 5:16 pm

Although I have had kerataconus for the best part of 40 years, this is my first time posting on the forum. Over this time I have used rigid corneal lenses, scleral and soft lenses. I no longer tolerate any form of lens and correct my vision - just about with spectacles. My problem is scarring (pips) on both my cornea. This has increasingly made my eyes and the left in particular extremely sore for days on end and the problem is getting more frequent. When I say sore I mean really sore! I cannot look up, I am extremely light sensitive, the eye stings and weeps profusely. The optometrists at my local hospital believe it to be dry eye and have given me bucket loads of dry eye drops to try and prevent the problem. None of which help. They want to discharge me even tho the problem is acute and getting more frequent. They say they cannot remove the pips without affecting my kerataconus. I am getting increasingly more desperate and wonder if anyone shares this problem or knows of anyone who might be able to offer some help?

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Scarring on cornea (pips)

Postby Anne Klepacz » Sun 13 Jan 2019 12:06 pm

This all sounds quite distressing. If your local hospital can't help, one option would be to ask for a referral to one of the big city hospitals for a second opinion.

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Vision: Other

Re: Scarring on cornea (pips)

Postby space_cadet » Sun 13 Jan 2019 1:55 pm

ID be urging them for drops for the clear dry eye as excessive weaping is a sign of chronic dry eye. I have major scaring on both my corneas but due to persistent infections and my auto immune system hating me in multiple ways, as I have other eye stuff going on not just KC. They should not be looking to discharge you if you are unhappy with the vision result you are getting. sEndng love your way x
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Return to “General Discussion Forum”