Keratoconus seven year old

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Staceyb1986
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC

Keratoconus seven year old

Postby Staceyb1986 » Fri 03 Aug 2018 4:31 pm

Hi all

My son who is seven has had tests at the eye hospital, he was referred from opticians because his sight had drastically changed in his right eye. We had the visual field and other tests today and they believe he has keratoconus. They have given me a prescription to pick up some glasses the left eye is fine just the right. From reading online it’s rare this age? He has no allergies although he did have a lactose intolerance which he grew out of. Just looking to see if there are any other parents on here. Thank you

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Keratoconus seven year old

Postby Anne Klepacz » Sat 04 Aug 2018 3:38 pm

Hi Stacey and welcome,
Seven is unusual for a diagnosis of KC - from 11 onwards is more common with the start of puberty. I don't think we have parents with a child as young as yours on the forum, but there are other parents here. And if you're within reach of Birmingham and/or London, we have our conference in Birmingham on 15th September and a members' meeting in London on 6th October. You'll find details of both of these on the home page of this site - both a chance to meet other parents and people with the condition. And if you'd like our information booklet on keratoconus, just e-mail your postal address to anne@keratoconus-group.org.uk and I'll send you one.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”