Next West Midlands Local Group Meeting 8th April

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

John Thatcher
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Next West Midlands Local Group Meeting 8th April

Postby John Thatcher » Fri 10 Feb 2017 12:08 pm

Advance notice that our next meeting will be on Saturday 8th April 2017 in Birmingham at 11:00 in the Community Hub in John Lewis’s at Grand Central above New Street Station. Please note that this is a new venue as the Saturday clinics at the Eye Centre have become very busy and our usual meeting place is now very public and noisy. The Community Hub should be a much quieter venue and is very easy to get to being on the 4th floor in the corner of Audio and TV (turn right at the top of the escalator). I am very keen to see how this works and what people think so please come and give your feedback. The speaker will be Dr Waheeda Illahi, Head of Optometry at Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre, and more details will be posted shortly.

John Thatcher
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Next West Midlands Local Group Meeting 8th April - Talk Details

Postby John Thatcher » Sat 18 Feb 2017 4:51 pm

The title of the talk is "An Optometrist’s Perspective of Prescribing and Fitting Contact Lenses for Keratoconus and Tips for Successful Wear". This should be of interest to most of us, whether to understand better what and how the Optometrist thinks or to gain her tips on maximising contact lens wearing times - or both! It will, as usual, be very informal with every opportunity to ask questions.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”