Patient View

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

dalbeath
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Patient View

Postby dalbeath » Fri 02 Dec 2016 6:06 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to get access to Patient View after a graft?
www.patientview.org

I have Crohn's disease and KC and have just had a graft. Managing my graft and Crohns is complex. I am lucky that I have a brilliant Corneal Surgeon and Gastroenterologist consultant ... but a rubbish GP.

Both my consultants communicate together and with me brilliantly but we are struggling to get blood results as my GP is in one county, and both consultants are in different ones (to me and each other)

A friend who has had a kidney transplant told me about patient view, he can log in and see all his bloods, letters, etc.

Anyone know if I can get this? I read that IBD (Crohns and Colitis) patients in Salford now have it. Should post graft KC people not have access to given the medication we are on?

Thanks

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Patient View

Postby Anne Klepacz » Mon 05 Dec 2016 11:53 am

I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds like a great idea. And it would make sense for it to include all the info for the individual patient - you're not alone in having more than one health condition. But I'm not clear from their website whether it does cover all health conditions (it certainly does cover Crohn's, and it looks like Scotland is ahead in including GP units). There seems to be a phone number in 'Contacts' on the site - perhaps a phone call to them would help to clarify things?
All the very best with your new graft!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”