How can I stop Double vision?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Emma_Jayne
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

How can I stop Double vision?

Postby Emma_Jayne » Sat 05 Nov 2016 7:46 pm

Hey

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I had crosslinking in my left eye 3 months ago and the past few months I've started with double vision that it slowly getting worse. My doctor doesn't seem to know what's going off and I've got to wait another month before I get any answers,

I'm.still just using glasses at the minute but I'm.really struggling does anyone have any tips on how to cope with double vision starting to get me really down and I always seem to have headaches with it.

Thanks in advance

Lia Williams

Re: How can I stop Double vision?

Postby Lia Williams » Tue 08 Nov 2016 6:30 pm

Hi Emma-Jayne,

When you say that you are suffering with double vision do you mean that your eyes aren't working together? Or do you mean that each eye is producing double vision?

If it is each eye that is producing the double vision then this is probably due to astigmatism. It may be that new glasses could reduce the ghosting but if the astigmatism is irregular then contact lenses may be help. Have you had a new prescription since you had cross linking or are they waiting until your eyes settle down?

Lia

Emma_Jayne
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Emma_Jayne » Tue 08 Nov 2016 8:33 pm

Hi Lia

Its in both eyes but worse in the eye that I've had crosslinking I've not had new glasses in over a year now. He kept saying wait until your eye has settled down but I think he's finally going to send me for a contact lenses fitting too and I can't really afford to keep paying out for new glasses :(

CrippsCorner
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby CrippsCorner » Wed 14 Dec 2016 12:04 pm

Definitely go for contacts... a cheaper way of doing it anyway! Somehow I've gotten away with never actually paying for mine through the NHS, but I believe they're meant to be £56 per eye per year (they won't charge whilst testing what works anyway)

They can't see any blurring/whitening of the central part of the eye?

Jull
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC

Postby Jull » Sun 15 Jan 2017 8:23 pm

The most important step is to identify and treat the root cause.
- If weak eye muscles are to blame, or if a muscle has been pinched as a result of injury, surgery may help.
- Medications can treat myasthenia gravis.
- Surgery or medicine is available for Graves' disease.
- Medicines and insulin can control blood sugar in diabetes.
If double vision can't be reversed, treatments can help you live with it. Special eyewear, like an eye patch or prism glasses, can ease the effects

Lia Williams

Postby Lia Williams » Mon 16 Jan 2017 9:17 pm

Hi Jull,

The problem with double vision in KC is that each eye may have double vision - sometimes triple, quadruple or even more images can be seen by each eye. This is due to the chaotic refraction from the irregular corneas surface. So for someone with keratoconus the root cause is usually keratoconus and contact lenses can usually help.

Lia

Return to “General Discussion Forum”