Rose K2 XL - my new vision whoop whoop

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Rose K2 XL - my new vision whoop whoop

Postby Anna Mason » Thu 06 Oct 2016 6:21 pm

This post is a follow up to this one about my delayed IOL implant.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16181
I have been breaking in the Rose K2 XL for 4 weeks now. I have had some teething problems with it.
There is a little line which needs to be placed south and I find I leave finger debris on it rotating to get it the right way round.
It then balances on my fingers and is filled with saline before insertion.
Comfort has improved dramatically since I learnt to place a few drops of wetting solution on the external side before inserting.
The vision I now have is nothing short of miraculous. Suddenly I have gone from unable to see the top line clearly with my left eye to nearly driving vision. I have driving vision in the Right.
The vision in this eye combined with my strong right eye has made life so much easier. I hadn't realised how hard the fact that there was a huge difference between the two eyes made life.
Weirdly my good eye the RH has recalibrated itself. In bright light the clarity comes from LH as I have a low grade cataract in the right. In less light for instance woodland my Right eye gives the most clarity.
I think my most excited point was on holiday. We went to Fountains Abbey in the Yorkshire Dales. For the first time in over 10 years I could walk around and read the information boards without having to push anyone out of the way or scrunch my eyes up tight remove my sunglasses and scramble for reading glasses then get really close.
The disparity between the two eyes has been exacerbating ( cracking word that ) the ghosting I suffer from to the point that the written word was almost indecipherable.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Rose K2 XL - my new vision whoop whoop

Postby Anne Klepacz » Fri 07 Oct 2016 1:37 pm

That's wonderful news, Anna! You've had such a frustrating time for so long. It's really heartening to read that there's been such a transformation in your vision. Enjoy!

VeronicaWitty

Postby VeronicaWitty » Wed 19 Oct 2016 8:40 pm

Hi Glad to hear you are getting on so well with your new lens.
I have also taken ownership of a RoseK2 XL, after fighting with Rose K RGP's for years. I have had mine since June and I am still getting used to it. The vision is brilliant :) and it doesn't fly out when i move my eyes left and right.
However I wondered if you and other Rose K2 XL wears have mastered the trick of getting the thing out? I use a mini suction thing and have to apply it many times before the lens will release from my eye. Consequently I feel I may be doing some damaged, because after 3-4 days my lens become to uncomfortable to wear and I have to leave it out for 2-3 days. I have tried to put in comfort drops during the day, but they don't work.
Also you mentioned a line on the lens, I wondered it this was significant? as I have one to but have not been told to position it any way,
Thank you for reading and any help would be appreciated.
I am thankful for the vision I have :roll:

Lia Williams

Postby Lia Williams » Wed 19 Oct 2016 9:02 pm

Hi Veronica,

Welcome to the forum.

I've not tried the Rose K2 XL although I have had Rose K lenses in the past.

Here is a link to some RFQs for the Rose K2 XL

http://www.roseklens.com/practitioners/ ... ose-k2-xl/

Lia

VeronicaWitty

Postby VeronicaWitty » Wed 19 Oct 2016 9:07 pm

Lia
Thank you for the link I will have a read
I am thankful for the vision I have :roll:

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Anna Mason » Thu 20 Oct 2016 9:13 am

Hiya Veronica didn't see your message till this morning. Several points to answer.

Yes my lens has a little line on it and I was advised this should be at the bottom as in 6 o'clock.

Comfort wise I have days where it feels edgy and I use lots of comfort drops or take it out clean it and have a little break. I am not sure if its because there is grease on the edge from looking for the line or if debris gets under the edge I go back on 8th November.

Inserting and removing -

Inserting before I fill with saline I hold between finger and thumb and flood the outer surface with Boston Wetting/Disinfecting Solution then place on a tripod of fingers and fill with saline for insertion.

Removing I have been through several attempts and failures at this and the method that now works is as follows:
if my eye feels dry I insert eye drops and wait a couple of minutes.
I place a towel over the washbasin as a catcher as sometimes it drops out.
I place the index finger of my right hand on my lower eyelid and push against the bottom of the lens.
I place the index finer of my left hand against the top lid and push a little.
Sometimes it releases immediately and I whip my right hand out to catch it sometimes I need to have a couple of goes.
Sometimes it falls onto the towel.

I hope this helps.

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Anna Mason » Thu 20 Oct 2016 9:18 am

Just read your link Lia may try the hint of a drop of boston on the inside surface I do get debris building up underneath mine.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”