CROSSLINKING

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Singha06
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

CROSSLINKING

Postby Singha06 » Sun 13 Mar 2016 10:15 pm

Hey just joined need advice I have a appointment for crosslinking operation in April but before operation doc wants to see me I will ask doc about my concern
Now I am very scared of operation and I have toureete syndrome can I be put to sleep when having operation I am 26 years old and really scared of this also due to my syndrome I can be a pain as I blink and fidget so much thanks for answers in advance

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: CROSSLINKING

Postby Anne Klepacz » Mon 14 Mar 2016 10:23 am

Hi and welcome to the forum,
Your doctor will be able to advise what's sensible for you, but the short answer is that is possible to have crosslinking done under a general anaesthetic - one of our members who has Down's Syndrome had it done successfully under a general. While the crosslinking procedure is very straightforward, the eye does need to be kept very still while it's done, so a general may be the best way to achieve that.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Singha06

Postby Singha06 » Thu 31 Mar 2016 6:55 am

Thanks for the advice

Singha06

Postby Singha06 » Wed 25 May 2016 4:28 pm

Hey I have had crosslinking done on both eyes how would I know if it has worked and also can I wear my old glasses I can see better with them please help operation was done exalt 1 month ago

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Anne Klepacz » Wed 25 May 2016 5:37 pm

At follow up appointments, your eyes will be monitored to see whether the crosslinking has stopped your KC progressing. There's no reason why you shouldn't wear your glasses, though it's possible the prescription might change a bit over the next months. So did you have it done under a general anaesthetic in the end? All the best for a good result.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”