Lucy Smith

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Lucy Smith

Postby Anne Klepacz » Fri 09 Oct 2015 3:27 pm

You will all know John Smith, our webmaster, and his wife Claire from their posts on this forum and may have met them at meetings.
It is with great sadness that I give the news of John and Claire's tragic loss of their beautiful daughter Lucy after a short illness on 22nd September. Lucy was just five years old and lit up the life of everyone who met her with her wonderful smile. Some of you may have met Lucy on the occasions when John and Claire brought her to London meetings of the KC Group. Certainly for those of us on the committee, she delighted us with her presence at many committee meetings.
Our hearts go out to John and Claire at this desperately sad time. I'm sure everyone here will join me in giving them our deepest condolences. There are no words for a loss like this, but all who met Lucy will treasure her memory and the happiness she brought to all around her.

Loopy-Lou
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Lucy Smith

Postby Loopy-Lou » Sat 17 Oct 2015 10:35 pm

I'm so very sorry, most painful loss I can't even begin to imagine. My thoughts are with you both.
xx

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Vision: Other

Postby space_cadet » Tue 20 Oct 2015 9:59 am

As I have said to you both on Facebook, my thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Lucy from your photos and all you shared about her seemed to be a very happy and energetic little girl with a total love for life and making people smile,

x
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Sun 01 Nov 2015 12:57 pm

Thanks all. Lucy will be missed by everyone who knew her. We had a funeral and a thanksgiving service on Wednesday for her, but we are still waiting to find out how she died.
John

Return to “General Discussion Forum”