Back

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Back

Postby jayboi2005 » Sat 03 Jun 2006 8:43 pm

Hello again
it has been some time, i have had a bit of a bad patch with my eyes. I used to get the odd day where my vision was not very good. However for some reason latley it has been bad most days all day so i didn't go out. I'm back in the swing of things now though can see much better. I still don't agree with my contact lenses, at first i thought they were alright but i have trouble wearing them. One eye is ok and the other is just constantly irritated, i have been back to the optician and he said they fit very nice. :?

So how has you all been doing?

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Mon 05 Jun 2006 6:44 am

That's the piece and quiet down the pan :D

Sorry to hear about the bad eye days, have you asked the optom about what your tears look like under the slit lamp?

It took six months before that evenue was explored with me and then because I hypothesised a link between other conditions. Since resolving the tear production problem lens wear is much better and only had a few bad eye days in the past 3 - 4 months.

If the lenses are still playing up, might be worth asking more questions about tears.
Gareth

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby jayboi2005 » Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:08 pm

Thanks Gareth i will ask that, i never thought about it. 8)

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Thu 08 Jun 2006 1:23 pm

Jayboi

Good to see you again, my friend. I am sorry that you have been having trouble and that I was on vacation when you returned to the forum.

I had exactly the symptoms you describe and they told me that while the fit was good my eyes were very dry. Actually I didn't know that they were not normal, how do you tell if the ordinary way for your own eyses to be is dryer or wetter than anybody else?

Anyhow, they told me to start using artificial tears, but a young friend in the Scottish Support Group has had some little surgical intervention to open his tear ducts to assist with the natural lubrication of his eyes.

I'm alongside Gareth on this: keep asking the questions. (I ususallg go to my ophthalmologist with a little list of matters I want to raise with him :D

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Anne B
Champion
Champion
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Anne B » Thu 08 Jun 2006 3:25 pm

I had a procedure called a three snips(i think!)
To make my tear ducts bigger, My eyes water all the time so they thought this may help.

Sorry thats really not very interesting! :lol:

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Thu 08 Jun 2006 3:59 pm

Nothing boring about that, Anne. did it work?
Andrew MacLean

Anne B
Champion
Champion
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Anne B » Thu 08 Jun 2006 4:12 pm

It didn't seem to at the time. But shortly afterwards i started taking the steriods and cyclosporin and nothing could make my eyes water while taking them! :lol: But i am drug free at the moment(apart from antihistamins and eye drops)and my eyes still don't water.
So maybe it did work :?

asylumxl
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: On the waiting list for a graft

Postby asylumxl » Fri 09 Jun 2006 3:22 pm

wb @ jayboi heh

my eyes no longer accept my lenses as well as they first did, which is strange...

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Sat 10 Jun 2006 7:33 am

Asylm,

My eyes went like that this time last year. We then had six month battle to find why and it came down to poor quality tears, I produced enough but was missing the lubricating component of tears. It was then a case fo finding drops that worked best and the frequency I needed to use them to tolerate lenses properly.

So far since we extablished a routine that worked in January I am on the whole tolerating lenses far better than I didoriginally.
Gareth

asylumxl
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: On the waiting list for a graft

Postby asylumxl » Sat 10 Jun 2006 10:18 pm

GarethB wrote:Asylm,

My eyes went like that this time last year. We then had six month battle to find why and it came down to poor quality tears, I produced enough but was missing the lubricating component of tears. It was then a case fo finding drops that worked best and the frequency I needed to use them to tolerate lenses properly.

So far since we extablished a routine that worked in January I am on the whole tolerating lenses far better than I didoriginally.

ive been using liquivisc for a while now... it makes it that bit more comfortable.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”