25th Anniversary

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

25th Anniversary

Postby GarethB » Fri 15 Aug 2014 10:53 am

I meant to post tis last month, but a combination of holiday and business travel meant I had next to no access to the forum.

July 2014 was the 25th anniversary since I had the corneal transplant performed on my right eye and I am pleased to say so far so good, the transplant is still in good shape which is more than can be said for the host cornea it is attached to :shock:

Soft contact lenses for KC are working well and hopefully this corneal transplant will last for many years to come (fingers crossed).

The left transplant is one year behind and that too was pefomed in the month of July and doing better than the right eye.

Every day I am very grateful to the families of and the people that donated their corneas which has given me a new lease of life as have the latests advances in contact lens development and every day I give thanks to these people.

Being told you need a transplant is traumatic and a difficult decision to make as there is no going back. That said the decision was made and although there has been the odd hickup I have always picked myself up (admitedly in 2004 with the support of this group) and carried on to over come these and do my best to enjoy life to the full.

Just thought it would be nice to post soemthing a little different. :twisted:
Gareth

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: 25th Anniversary

Postby Anne Klepacz » Fri 15 Aug 2014 2:19 pm

Happy anniversary, Gareth, and wishing you many more anniversaries! You're an inspiration to us all and have been giving back in spades any support you got back then.
Anne

Return to “General Discussion Forum”