FIX FOR LESS HALO EFFECTS WHEN DRIVING!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Kerrytaconus
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

FIX FOR LESS HALO EFFECTS WHEN DRIVING!

Postby Kerrytaconus » Thu 12 Jun 2014 5:17 pm

Hi I have had two corneal transplants and whilst my vision is good, I get my glasses ground down and anti reflective/glare coating on my glasses. This is not however a good fix during the winter months. last year my car got vandalised and I was given a replacement courtesy car, my first car was of average but they gave me a Merriva mpv in its place. I had no halo effects at all! I am not sure why not many know of this but I am currently saving for a higher up vehicle to ascend my driving position so I am looking down on the headlights of on coming cars and not straight onto them as I was before. I am not suggesting this will work for everyone but has worked for many I know, try it by going out as a passenger with a friend who owns a jeep or MPV at a time when you would normally struggle, please let me know how you do... I get my glasses next week and have been advised to try a larger frame to distribute the light more evenly...small frames are often trendier for me but not as practical... let me know your views!!

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: FIX FOR LESS HALO EFFECTS WHEN DRIVING!

Postby Anne Klepacz » Fri 13 Jun 2014 4:01 pm

I've moved your post to the general discussion forum, where it will be seen by more people.
As someone else who has had 2 grafts, what you say makes perfect sense to me. I've always had far more problems with light when I'm looking up at it or it's straight on (I prefer the balcony or circle to the stalls at any theatre/cinema/concert venue for that reason). I guess it's all to do with where on the cornea any astigmatism is, so this may not be a fix for everyone. But a very interesting observation - thank you!
Anne

Return to “General Discussion Forum”