My Vision has changed

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

My Vision has changed

Postby Anna Mason » Sat 27 Mar 2004 11:27 am

I cannot put a finger on it but my vision has changed. A lot of the smudgy stuff is clearer and I can see detail I didnt used to.
I dont know when it changed or if it is coincidence that i am taking Omega 3 and Omega 6. I have been taking it for about 2 weeks.
I have more bounce and energy as well ?

sajeev nadarajan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sajeev nadarajan » Sat 27 Mar 2004 3:13 pm

Hi Anna,
Encouraging News, Please keep us posted. I had the same effects (so hopfully it is not just me! )

I got better results with omega 3 and omega 6 fish oils than when I tried Flax seed oil (which is cheaper).Please let us know which type you are using.
Regards

Sajeev

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Anna Mason » Sat 27 Mar 2004 3:36 pm

OK I am taking the combined 3 and 6.
Label is FSC OMEGA 3 & OMEGA 6
Detail is Pure Evening Primrose OIl
Marine Fish Oil
Natural Vitamin E

sajeev nadarajan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sajeev nadarajan » Sat 27 Mar 2004 4:44 pm

Thanks Anna,
I will try them out first and then go back to the £10 omega 3 and omega 6 supplements.
Regards

Sajeev

Helen Scholar
Contributor
Contributor

omega 3 and 6

Postby Helen Scholar » Sat 27 Mar 2004 6:38 pm

Could you give some more details of the supplements you mention (e.g.where you can buy them and how much). I have bought sthg called Efalex to give to my son, after reading it might help with dry eyes,but it seems rather expensive - nearly £20 for 240 capsules and you are supposed to take 4 a day, and double that amount for the first three months (no chance - bad enough trying to get him to take the 4).

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Supplements

Postby Anna Mason » Sat 27 Mar 2004 9:31 pm

OK a lot of people have come back on the Supplement front and I make no promises as I just do what works for me but having wasted money left right and centre I know how everyone else feels in the past I have spent a fortune.

I have had several problems :

Dry Eyes - I work in an Air Conditioned environment which bakes my contact lenses.

Hay Fever - I have tried everything

Bad Attitude :twisted: - OOps sorry thats a red herring !

What I take and do now which seems to work is:

Eye Health

1. I take Visionace 1 a day Vitamin Tablets made by Vitabiotics. I get them from Boots and try and stock up when they have 3 for 2 offers. These have all the Vitamins you need you dont theoretically need anymore.

2. If I wake up with puffy eyes I take 1000mg one a day Vitamin C tablets for a week to boost my antihistamine level.

3. For the last few weeks I have started taking FSC (Food Supplement Company 0870 759 4012 thats the telephone number on the label anyway) Omega 3 and 6 combined they werent too expensive and I bought them at the GNC shop. They are £4.69 for 60 and you take 2 a day http://www.gnc.co.uk/health/product.asp ... 9DFEFEFBEB

Hay Fever

Avoid allergic reactions:

1. I use Miraflow to clean my lenses as I reckon that I am almost allergic to the protein build up on my lenses and this has proved to be the best cleaner.

2. I use Bausch and Lamb saline for sensitive eyes

3. I wash my face with a flannel when I come in to remove any dust/pollen

4. I wear sunglasses tons either dark ones if its sunny or mildly tinted ones when dull. It stops the wind from drying my eyes and keeps pollen at bay. Plus of course I look pretty cool in them.

5. I eat my breakfast every day with local honey on it. If you eat local honey it should have a good mixture of the pollens that affect you. I get mind from the local Womens Institute.

I know it sounds like a lot but it isnt really. My hay Fever has reduced by 85% since I took preventive action.

My Vision has been cracking the last week or so since I got on the omega 3 and 6 lark.

One last thing when my eyes get dry I always have Visulize Moisturising eye drops to hand.

A Final last thing - my eyes are always drier if I drink a lot of coffee and eat a lot of chocolate

PS If anyone is worried that my sense of humour is a bit quirky I have 6 months until I am 50 and I am practicing to either 'older and wilder' or 'older and wierder'!

sajeev nadarajan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sajeev nadarajan » Fri 02 Apr 2004 11:06 pm

Have you turned in to wonder woman yet ? :D

and Jesus, do you make me laugh out aloud when you post! You must be a real comedian!!!
Regards

Sajeev

Helen Scholar
Contributor
Contributor

supplements

Postby Helen Scholar » Sat 03 Apr 2004 10:42 am

Anna

Thanks for the information, and the link to GNC (we don't have this chain of shops 'oop North', but it seems you can order online so that's good).

Hay fever advice appreciated too - my son began with hayfever aged 4 and it always seemed to affect his eyes particularly, so perhaps there is a connection there with his KC which started aged 10. Interestingly though he started wearing contact lenses a year last October and didn't complain so much about sore eyes during last year's hayfever season. I'd assumed that perhaps the lenses offered some protection, just as some friends of mine have commented that it's easier to chop onions with their contact lenses in than out!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”