Quicktopic posts: Sep 2003

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

eamonn

Postby eamonn » Fri 12 Sep 2003 10:33 am

Hi All,
a strange thing happen to me the other day when i was wearing my lenses. my left eye was begining to see funny shapes fly around me. The thing nearly freaked me out. And it was like i was getting sea sick. But when i took the left lens out the shapes disappered. Has anybody had this type of expierence. Also i am in uni - my uni is liverpool hope - i am from ireland. I made a point of going to disability action -they made a report for me- to advise my lecturer that i would need a school close by as it takes time for my eyes to adjust in the morning. However i am trying to register with a gp here - i find the whole thing a hard slog. Every gp i call is booked up which means i use up valuable cash plus time being on a phone. the reason why i am registering is because of a safety net for KC. does anyone have any advice.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat 13 Sep 2003 9:31 am

Hi Eamonn, My son (not KC) went to Chester college, part of Liverpool Uni, all students were automatically registered with a GP, one of his friends needed to see a dentist urgently, no one would see her, so she asked at college and they got one for her immediately. I am sure if you went to your welfare officer they would help. Good Luck. Diane

aimee.wilkes@bt.com

Postby aimee.wilkes@bt.com » Sat 13 Sep 2003 9:31 am

I will not be accessing my email until 16/09/03, for urgent matters please contact the service centre on 0800 154 234
Regards, Aimee.

Janet Manning

Postby Janet Manning » Sat 13 Sep 2003 5:11 pm

Hi Eamonn,
I'm sure your Uni will have its own health cente or a dedicated GP practice. Please can you phone or email me. I have some info for you. Don't know your number in Liverpool.
Don't know about the funny visual disturbance - have never experienced that. Hope it doesn't persist.
Janet

eamonngillespie GILLESPIE

Postby eamonngillespie GILLESPIE » Tue 16 Sep 2003 6:45 am

Hi janet,
thinks for writing back. well i have contacted the disabled registery in uni to inform them about my condition. The person was really nice. so my course director knows about it now. my telephone number is 0151 906 3991. Thanks for your advice i really appreciate it. talk to you soon

regards
eamonn

>From: QT - Janet Manning <qtopic+6-A46Jzt4sJAXLTWnJNHsx@quicktopic.com>
>Reply-To: QT topic 6-A46Jzt4sJAXLTWnJNHsx
><qtopic+6-A46Jzt4sJAXLTWnJNHsx@quicktopic.com>
>To: QT topic subscribers <qtopic+subs@quicktopic.com>
>Subject: Keratoconus
>Date: 13 Sep 2003 21:11:23 -0000
>

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
< replied-to message removed by QT >

Sue Ingram

Postby Sue Ingram » Tue 16 Sep 2003 8:31 am

Dear Rosemary (1949), I am not sure if anyone actually replied to the msg you posted regarding the acupuncture and KC study - sorry for the delay as things have been rather hectic recently. However, Dr Dexter is now back from holiday (I also spoke to a rather stroppy receptionist when I rang in July, and again today when I was told he was not in the office until I explained what I wanted to speak about and she put me straight through!).

I have spoken to Dr Dexter just this minute and he will be sending out the questionnaires this week to all those who wish to take part in the study and intends to start seeing people in October in Maida Vale.

The telephone number I got him on is 020-7624-2804 - make sure you get past that receptionist! - or the address is North West London Medical Centre, 56 Maida Vale, London W9 1PP. Maybe worth striking while the iron's hot as he is obviously working on it at present. Good luck. SUE

gemstone@umbilical.demon.

Postby gemstone@umbilical.demon. » Tue 16 Sep 2003 4:18 pm

Sue,

thanks for your response about the acupuncture study. No,
no-one else had replied.

I've got a slight problem about this, actually. Could you
possibly ring me, and I'll explain what it is? Thanks. Phone
number is 0780 370 8482.

Rosemary

--
Rosemary F. Johnson

Ravi Appadoo

Postby Ravi Appadoo » Wed 17 Sep 2003 4:26 am

Hi, I have had my left eye grafted in November 2002, and i am at the stage where am wearing a lens. Just wanted to know if anyone out there has exeprienced itchy eyes once they where the lenses and what they can do to stop it. Also, i am due to have the stiches out, does the eye sight get better once the stiches are out, are the contact lenses a better fit, does anyone have soft lenses after a graft. And has anyone had to stop their current job before they had there graft due to the eyesight being so poor.

Many thanks,

Caroline Dyer

Postby Caroline Dyer » Wed 17 Sep 2003 5:58 am

Dear Rosemary and Sue
Didn't see the posting on acupuncture put would be interested to know more, maybe you could put the details on again?. Have received acupuncture treatment for other things but when I informed her about KC had some treatment around my eyes, which increased moisture and made them less dry and itchy.
Many Thanks
Caroline

Laura (Hlooby@aol.com)

Postby Laura (Hlooby@aol.com) » Wed 17 Sep 2003 6:25 pm

Hi guys, how is everyone? I haven't posted a message for a while, but I have a little question. Towards the end of nearly every day at the moment my lenses seem to 'cloud' over. It seems to be a sticky sort of stuff. Could I have an infection? It's not causing me any pain or discomfort, but it's just a bit of a nuisance. Plus I am having problems with the hospital, I was due for a check up in June and it keeps getting cancelled. I'm not having too much problem at the moment but it is very annoying as I have questions I want to ask. Sorry just wanted to have a grumble at that! Anyway if anyone could tell me what this sticky stuff could be I'd be grateful as my doc hasn't been very good so far at helping me out with my eyes so I dont want to bother him if I dont have to. Many thanks, Laura

Return to “General Discussion Forum”