Graft update

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Lisa Nixon
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Graft update

Postby Lisa Nixon » Fri 31 Mar 2006 4:37 pm

Sorry I've not been around for a while. Eye kicked off a couple of weeks ago and ended up flying to Liverpool. It wasn't rejecting but there was a mark on the cornea which was causing pain and irritation. Its flared up a few times since but settles down after 4 or 5 hrs. Check up last week, sight in previously grafted left eye had deteriorated from 3.75 to 4.25 which is disappointing, this is the third change in prescription in 18 mths. Other than that everything is hunky dory. Marathon training despite injured piriformis is going ok, did 20 miles walk/run last Saturday and was still able to move afterwards! Only 3 wks to go! Haven't lost an ounce in weight though, think I'm taking carbo loading to the extreme!
:lol:
Only Robinson Crusoe got everything done by Friday!!

leigh2007
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

Re: Graft update

Postby leigh2007 » Sat 15 Sep 2007 12:38 pm

Hi Lisa
i goin 4 my graft on the 25th of this month and i sm really scared about. how is it 4 u now since you had the graft

i no a bit about the op. i'm just really really scraed and wanted your outlook on everthing as seen as you have been through it all

thank you

Leigh

Lisa Nixon
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: Graft update

Postby Lisa Nixon » Tue 18 Sep 2007 9:46 pm

Hi Leigh

You'll be fine. My eye settled down really well, stitches out in March this year and I went for a glasses prescription today. It's natural to be worried - I'm the world's worst, I worry about everything possible! I used marathon training as a way to focus on something else - it worked, I was busy concentrating on physio for my legs!! Good luck and keep us all posted :D

Tubs
Only Robinson Crusoe got everything done by Friday!!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”