Quicktopic posts: Sep 2002

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

ali cooper

Postby ali cooper » Fri 27 Sep 2002 2:45 pm

Hi marcus,

I am new at all this too, I have been diagnosed KC for about 3 months, found it all a little scarey at first but the folks on here have been really great and answered any questions I have had.

Also great news on your progress post-op sarah.

ally

>From: QT - marcus <qtopic+6-A46Jzt4sJAXLTWnJNHsx@quicktopic.com>
>Reply-To: QT topic <qtopic+6-A46Jzt4sJAXLTWnJNHsx@quicktopic.com>
>To: alicooperuk@hotmail.com
>Subject: Keratoconus
>Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:17:43 -0500 (CDT)
>

_________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com < replied-to message removed by QT >

Dal

Postby Dal » Sat 28 Sep 2002 3:09 pm

Hi all

Havent had a chance to get on to the site for ages. Have been told that cant have an appointment at my local hospital for at least 6 months, which is pretty annoying but hey thats life but I have stopped wearing the specs now as they are pretty bad and started wearing my soft lenses which although not great are much better than the glasses.
Great news Sarah, Belated Happy Birthday.

Hey Marcus,
Sarah is right this site is fab. My optician just told me that he thinks I may have KC but isnt really sure, so am waiting for an appointment, but this site and these people have been really good and a great way to get help and info.

Dal

Mikekeratoconus@aol.com

Postby Mikekeratoconus@aol.com » Sat 28 Sep 2002 5:00 pm

In a message dated 28/09/02 04:58:48 GMT Daylight Time,
qtopic+6-A46Jzt4sJAXLTWnJNHsx@quicktopic.com writes:

<<
>>
Carole,
Yes I do rinse the Miraflow off with saline. My GP originally prescribed 4 boxes but thought it was pointless to keep issuing repeat prescriftion-- so he increased. I don't think he is sure himself whether he should be doing it, but he does anyway.
At the risk of starting a competition, I wear my sclerals for about 17 or 18 hours a day-- mostly because I am too stubborn to take them out when I should. Obviously this is not always possible for everyone. Who's up for another long walk? Before anyone replies-- that was a joke.

Dhiren

Postby Dhiren » Sun 29 Sep 2002 3:56 pm

Well done to everyone who took part in the walk, its a great achievement and for all the right causes, you guys are fantastic! Good luck to everyone going back to school and university, dont let anything hold you back!

I will be starting my dissertation research very soon, so il make sure i buy my keratoconus T-shirt so you can recognise me when im around at moorfields in london, and in hospitals up and down the country! Hope to see you all very soon!

Take care all, Dhiren!

Dhiren

Postby Dhiren » Sun 29 Sep 2002 4:12 pm

Happy belated birthday Sarah, im glad to hear it was fantastic! Its also great news about your op, things just get better and better!

Dhiren

Louise Pembroke

Postby Louise Pembroke » Mon 30 Sep 2002 1:50 pm

Hi all. Is the 'Steripod Blue'saline which I now understand is available on prescription used for rinsing lens? So far I've been buying Boot's own brand of aerosol saline as it worked out cheaper than saline from Moorfields which we can only get on a script when attending for an appointment.
Has anyone noticed there is going to be a horror film about a person who has grafts?!! Could this be a KC group outing?!!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”