Introducing myself

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Sun 19 Mar 2006 4:46 pm

I think Leicester and Coventry are quite good, I go to Coventry and my new lenses arrive within a week, but with the system the quickest you can get seen again is 4 weeks!

Unless you go to eye casualty, but I have only been twice as a last resort. Had an allergic reaction to my lenses :x
Gareth

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 19 Mar 2006 4:50 pm

Glasgow is excellent. Maybe the problem in London is that there are just so many people and fewer consultants per 1000 of the population. I don't really kjnow.

I guess the morla of this story is that you ought all to move North. The weather is better. There is more water and we get seen faster and given a better service when we are seen

Andrew :D
Andrew MacLean

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Sun 19 Mar 2006 5:10 pm

No comment on Moorfields hospital, just to say that it is known more for the name.

As waiting for lenses can take so long i find that having a private optometrist as well is so much easier. It is a pain and sadly it is money but if it gets you a lens quicker then it makes sense! I check in with Moorfields and ask them what lens it is then go to see my optometrist if i have any problems while waiting the 3-6 month wait at Moorfields. Like most people i can't afford to be lens free for that long as i'm then blind and can't work.

Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

Alison Fisher
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Alison Fisher » Mon 20 Mar 2006 12:28 pm

I've seen a lot of changes and improvements at Leicester over the years, but I've nothing to compare it to or know anyone else who goes there to compare notes with.

Andrew, I have to ask, just what is your idea of 'nice' weather? :?

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 21 Mar 2006 11:23 am

Alison

Glasgow has good weather
Therefore the weather in Glasgow is good

There is an old story about the Clan Chiefs attending their annual get together. Before the banquet the chiefs would ostle for the best seats at the table. All of them would enter the mellé, with the sole exception of the MacLean. His attendants urged him on, "come along your Grace, do you not want to sit at the head of the table?"

the wiley old MacLean held up his hand to solence his attendants. "Everybody knows," said he, "wherever the MacLean sits is the head of the table."

Same principle applies to weather, since ver=ybody knows that scotland in general and Glasgow in particular get better weather than the rest of the country (or even the rest of Europe, whatever the weater is like it is good weather. :D

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “General Discussion Forum”