Quicktopic posts: Sep 2001

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Tony Stigle ( web person)

Postby Tony Stigle ( web person) » Wed 12 Sep 2001 1:11 pm

Test.... Just to see if this still works..

Robert Smith

Postby Robert Smith » Wed 12 Sep 2001 1:39 pm

Is the site still working? I have heard nothing for weeks.

I tried to post a message last night and it didn't appear.

Any news?

Robert

freddy

Postby freddy » Wed 12 Sep 2001 6:52 pm

Dear all
Some of us are still out here, even if we are not posting!

Here is my recent neww just to cheer you all up after the grim news of World Trade Centre. I am now five months post-op and really suddenly doing well. I have been given another good bill of health and have even been able to be fitted for a new prescription pair of glasses, by my ever wonderful optician. I have had the glasses three weeks and he warned me that they would be really strange. But I have stuck with them and I now driving again! HOORAY! after five months of lifts and public transport it is fantastic, and a bit scary! So I can now go back to work, life and everything.

Thanks to you all, Freddy

Sue Ingram

Postby Sue Ingram » Thu 13 Sep 2001 3:15 pm

Hi Freddy, Congratulations! Glad to hear that things are looking up for you now. Yes, isn't the attack on the US just awful? Puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Well, Tony, looks like we have all woken up again - I am sure now everyone is back from hols that the lively chat will start up again. SUE

Tony Stigle Webperson

Postby Tony Stigle Webperson » Wed 26 Sep 2001 1:47 pm

Sorry folks.. The site was down for a few days... Its is up now as you can see....
It Will be fully working in a few days..
Tony

Ian G

Postby Ian G » Wed 26 Sep 2001 2:08 pm

Tony,

What is your view of linking up with postoptics as per their email ?
Best regards
Ian

QT - Tony Stigle Webperson <qtopic+6-A46Jzt4sJAXLTWnJNHsx@quicktopic.com> wrote on 26/09/2001 18:47:44: >
< replied-to message removed by QT >

Tony Stigle

Postby Tony Stigle » Wed 26 Sep 2001 6:09 pm

reply to message 336 by E.mail to Ian

Tony Stigle Webperson

Postby Tony Stigle Webperson » Fri 28 Sep 2001 1:33 pm

Anne Klepacz has worked enormously hard to convert the speeches of the conferance to text for us.

THANK YOU Anne from all of us

I have updated the site... I have has some feed back on the glossary from Camilla.. Thanks.. Any more? Anyone?
Tony

Kim Remmington

Postby Kim Remmington » Sun 30 Sep 2001 5:37 pm

Help!
Just wondering if anyone out there can offer any advice? I've been wearing Softperm lenses which are fantastic but they are damaging my eyes. I am not allowed to wear them anymore and on Wed. I was given a pair of Kerasoft lenses which are utterly and completly usless. I've been told my only option now is to try hard lenses (I have battled many times before with this type of lens, but find them really uncomfortable to wear) or to try various types of surgery. My consultant has suggested DLK which I think Alex had done or to insert semi circle rods into the cornea,(I know very little about these two options) or a full graft. I feel I'm not really ready for surgery as I have just started a desensitisation course which lasts for 3 years but may enable me to wear hard lenses in the end. Also I have a 2 1/2 and 5 year old and I can imagine within a week I will lose the graft! Can anyone offer any suggestions for different lenses. One thing I was wondering about - do you 'piggy-back' for vision purposes or would it help with the comfort? Or should I just accept the fact that I need a graft? I'm not seeing the optician until Wednesday, which seems a lifetime away when I can't see my children's faces. Sorry to sound so pathetic, but even trying to write this has taken ages with my face pressed against the screen. Any advice would be really helpful, then hopefully at my next appointment I'll have some options to suggest to him!!

Also
Freddy really happy to hear about you progress - great to hear your doing well.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”