hello i am new

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

nicola jayne
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby nicola jayne » Tue 21 Feb 2006 6:08 pm

Andrew MacLean wrote:Nicola

I was trying to say your surname with a french accent, but it is much easier with a Greek one (even if my Greek is about two thousand years off 'modern') :oops:

All the best

Andrew

tee hee :lol:

Prue B
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Prue B » Tue 21 Feb 2006 10:40 pm

Good Luck,

my advice invest in good sunglasses that wrap around, and be repared to hum to your self the tune of "sunglasses at night" when you are wearing them at night due to the glare. Street lights are really bright.

Learn to sneeze holding your eye, from a week after the graft it only hurt if I sneezed or knocked it. When I sneezed I covered my eye it really helped.

Be patient. It takes time and can be really disheartening at times. Be aware like KC there are no set answers with grafts everyones story is different in regards to outcome and time it took to get life back.

It took me almost 2 weeks to get back to work after my first graft. Bear in mind I was back at work before my first baby left hospital. 3 days after number 2 and 3, and was in labour at work with number 2 then had to go to my hubbies work and wait for him to finish removing something from a cats intestine before he could take me to the hospital. It takes a lot to stop me.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”