Quicktopic posts: May 2001

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

justine

Postby justine » Sat 19 May 2001 4:42 pm

hello every body, i have been reading all your messages by email, they are pretty good, alot of talk going on about those new contacts, well 15 mnths post graft and still suffering rejection problems, back on pred forte every 2 hours again, getting fed up with it all now, the dr is talking about a 4th graft, not to sure about that

ELIZABETH MAIR

Postby ELIZABETH MAIR » Sun 20 May 2001 9:02 am

To Martin Alexander,
Pleased to hear that somebody else from Scotland has KC.I hope your recovery continues to go well.
Do you attend Gartnavel Hospital or do you go to Inverness?
I live in E.Kilbride, but I worked in Mallaig for 4 years.
Tell other people about the website.
My address is on "meet the locals" site.

Tony Stigle

Postby Tony Stigle » Sun 20 May 2001 11:45 am

Picnic Report
Sur Ingram & Colin, Tony Mandy Stigle & Boys met for a picnic on Sunday at Rotchester Castle.. Wondeful Venu & good weather sorry you missed it.. Will plan another maybe in August.. Will keep you posted..
Mandy Stigle

Sue Ingram

Postby Sue Ingram » Sun 20 May 2001 4:36 pm

Hi everyone,

Picnic brilliant! Shame you all missed it; lotsa sunshine, strawberries and cream, Chardonnay (not!), jaffa cakes, wonderful ice-cream and great plants (or a kevlar helmet if that is your choice, Tony!) to buy for the garden - what more could anyone want? Have not been to Rochester before and it is lovely - very Dickensian. Castle grounds were a perfect venue - also perfect for children - well done Tony and Mandy. Mandy, you beat me in posting a message! See ya all (& the family) at the next one.

SUE

alan from amsterdam

Postby alan from amsterdam » Mon 21 May 2001 5:23 am

Hi everyone,

I know this site is primarily for people with KC in the U.K., but it's great to find a discussion group with so many scleral lens wearers. The U.S. kcenter site seems to regard sclerals as somewhat exotic. I was fortunate enough to be referred to the Dutch counterpart of Ken Pullum after diagnosis last October, and I'm doing great with my 2 barbie doll soup plates. However, I'm experiencing protein buildup behind the lenses and dry, hot, itchy eyelids. I seem to hit a barrier after 11 hours of wear and I'm running out of options. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Steve

Postby Steve » Mon 21 May 2001 3:07 pm

Intrigued to hear that people are wearing both a scleral and an rgp. Isn't this like wearing a slipper on one foot and a hikeing boot on the other?! Why not not wear one scleral and one soft lens if only one eye is effected by KC?
Is this because of peoples concern over the lack of oxygen entering the eye via a soft lens?

elaine -----dover

Postby elaine -----dover » Tue 22 May 2001 4:30 am

Dear Alan in Holland
I am amazed that you are able to wear your lenses for 11 hours!I'm blurring over after 4.I have found using different cleaning solutions help with protien problems,Miraflow seems to work well for me.It also helps with insertion if you don't rinse it all off before applying saline(a well known Ken tip!).And that's a thought a Dutch version of Ken!A clog wearing opera singer perhaps!
Have you had grafts?

elaine -----dover

Postby elaine -----dover » Tue 22 May 2001 4:37 am

Ken
Whoops!Cancell appoitment re-strange floating orange dots!Better not be rude about you if you look in on this site!
Elaine.

elaine -----dover

Postby elaine -----dover » Tue 22 May 2001 10:51 am

ken
Just read message with lenses in-not only do they improve sight but they also work wonders with spelling!

Sue Ingram

Postby Sue Ingram » Tue 22 May 2001 10:58 am

Hi everyone,

Just been looking at a website called Center for Keratoconus in the US - http://www.kcenter.org. Don't know whether any of you have been on it but it is definitely worth a look. Got a good Discussion Page(just like ours) and quite a lot of good up to the minute info - even Ken is mentioned! Seems to be a lot more people in the US with it (but then there are more people in the US!).

SUE

Return to “General Discussion Forum”