Back from hospital appointment :(

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

AlJoRuB
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Back from hospital appointment :(

Postby AlJoRuB » Wed 24 Jan 2018 12:49 pm

:cry: Hey everyone, just got back from my hospital appointment and it turns out things have really progressed and I need to have surgery so they have put an urgent referral to queens medical center :cry:

It’s odd that it’s upset me so much when I have noticed the past year my vision has got dramatically worse so I would of thought I would of been prepared for them to tell me I need surgery.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Back from hospital appointment :(

Postby Anne Klepacz » Thu 25 Jan 2018 8:34 pm

When they said surgery, was that crosslinking or a transplant or Intacs? It's good that you've got an urgent referral - I think in earlier posts you were talking about all sorts of delays when you were first diagnosed. Let's hope it is quick this time and that you'll have the chance to ask lots of questions.

AlJoRuB
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Back from hospital appointment :(

Postby AlJoRuB » Thu 25 Jan 2018 11:47 pm

Anne Klepacz wrote:When they said surgery, was that crosslinking or a transplant or Intacs? It's good that you've got an urgent referral - I think in earlier posts you were talking about all sorts of delays when you were first diagnosed. Let's hope it is quick this time and that you'll have the chance to ask lots of questions.

He said that I need to have some more in-depth corneal scans so they can decide on which surgery but he said I definitely need it some sort done as he is worried how fast my vision is deteriorating, he said I will get an appointment within two weeks.
Is crosslinking and intacts wildly available on the NHS yet?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”