hydrops

Don't ask questions here; this is for posting closed FAQs with their answers only.

Moderators: John Smith, Sweet

red0378
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

hydrops

Postby red0378 » Thu 12 Apr 2012 5:19 pm

how long does it last! first time ive had it and will my eyes go back to the same level of sight after????? :(

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: hydrops

Postby Anne Klepacz » Thu 12 Apr 2012 7:30 pm

Hi Red and welcome, though I'm sorry it's a hydrops that has brought you to the forum. I don't think there's an easy answer to your questions - how long it takes to clear up varies from weeks to quite a few months, and the end result is unpredictable as well though sometimes vision can actually improve after a hydrops. If you go to www.keratoconus-group.org.uk/sitev3/features.html you'll find an article on Hydrops and Keratoconus written by one of the senior optometrists at Moorfields.
For the moment, it's a question of hanging on in there. I've never had a hydrops episode, but there's quite a few people on this forum who have, so hopefully they'll be along soon to give you some encouragement.
All the best
Anne

red0378

Postby red0378 » Thu 12 Apr 2012 7:59 pm

thanks for your response it was your site i first read the information re hydrops and it did give me some clairity excuse the pun and also invaluable info that i didnt know,ive never heard of it befor and now its become an unwelcomed friend of sorts! any info or personal experiences would be very very appreceated :D :D its only my firs week so im trying to be positove and hang in there,ive found ive become very optimistic re my eyes over the years thanks

red0378

Postby red0378 » Wed 30 May 2012 9:03 pm

had my last follow up hospital appointment today, been given the all clear,the fluid has cleared up and the swellings gone down,it took 2-3 week befor i noticed anything happening then it cleared up in 3 quarters, 1 at a time, now off to opticians tomorrow to get new lenses so trying to be positive x got a follow up in 4 months to discuss further treatment?

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Anne Klepacz » Thu 31 May 2012 10:31 am

That's excellent news, Red. Good to hear that hydrops can clear quickly (though it probably seemed like forever to you!) All the best with the new lenses, and let us know how things go for you.
Anne

Return to “Frequently asked Questions - and Answers”