centracone, clearkone

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

24kblue
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

centracone, clearkone

Postby 24kblue » Mon 30 Nov 2009 4:51 am

hello all

I am from Canada. Im almost 25 years old. I was diagnosed with keratoconus 7 months ago. I did cross linking for both eyes. Now and for the first time I am seeing optometrists to get a fitting for hard contact lenses. I am seeking the advice from several optometrists. My current optometrist uses the centracone lens. Has anyone ever used or heard about it? I went before to an optometrist, he used a regular bausch and lomb lens and told me I get 20/40 maximum. The current optometrist fitted me with the centracone and it gives me 20/25 and 20/30. My KC is mild or moderate not sure where the line is but it isnt advanced. My old soft contacts that I used to use to fix my myopia still do fit although Ive been told it doesnt necessarily mean my KC is mild.
However, I will also try soflex and probably go to toronto to try the synergeyes new clearkone or their hybrid contacts which are soft with an rgp centre. Im not sure if I can get 20/20 vision but I hope I can. Too bad we dont have the kerasoft here in Canada and I am not sure if we will ever do, but it would definitely be something Id try to see if it works for me.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: centracone, clearkone

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 30 Nov 2009 7:22 am

Hello 24kblue and welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid I don't have an answer to your question, but I am pretty sure that somebody will be along in a moment who does.

Every good wish

Andrew

ps I moved your question to the General Discussion Forum as it will have more 'hits' here than in FAQ's. I did leave a 'shadow' topic behind so that anyone who is visiting FAQ's can still navigate to the string from there.

A
Andrew MacLean

24kblue
Vision: Spectacles

Re: centracone, clearkone

Postby 24kblue » Tue 01 Dec 2009 6:46 am

Thanks Andrew

I went in today got the centracone contacts. Doing ok so far, good improvement however I still would want to try the soft contacts for keratoconus.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”