Quicktopic posts: Mar 2001

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Whiteduck

Postby Whiteduck » Sun 18 Mar 2001 4:21 pm

Sunday 21:20pm.

A few other KC points:

1. Vodafone (and others such as freeserve) allow you to access your email via phone - it reads it out - great for a bad eye day! Check out http://www.vodafone.co.uk and go to the Whats New - Voice Email. If you are on Vodafone it is charged at the normal rate otherwise you have to dial an 07836 number from your home phone. Freeserve and others offer it as a National call charge from a fixed phone I believe.

2. Could we gather various questions on the website and have a virtual "Ask the Panel" session ? Not sure if some professionals would be prepared to give up time to answer these but it is worth a go.

3. To save KC funds then we could potentially request the Newsletter via email for those of us with access. Saves postage and printing.

4. Tony, in addition to detailing how we donate - could you possibly add a section on Give as you Earn as this means KC Group could gain more due to the tax advantage.

5. Tony - if you would like any assistance with the webpage then please do let me know - I am no expert however.

Speak soon.

Regards
Ian

Mark Bennister

Postby Mark Bennister » Sun 18 Mar 2001 5:38 pm

Many thanks to all those who have posted messages about the conference. We are delighted that it was such a success. Keep all those suggestions coming and we as a Committee will try and take them on board. most of all though thanks to all our Group members who continue to support the work of the Group and share their experiences.

Anyone who would like to contribute articles or observations to the newsletter please forward material to info@keratoconus-group.org.uk Remember not all our members have email contact and we still need to circulate info via snail mail.

Must log out now time to take those damn lenses out and in preparation for the daily work routine tommorrow (see Ian)

Mark

Nicola Thomas

Postby Nicola Thomas » Mon 19 Mar 2001 7:29 am

I'd like to thank all those involved in organising the conference, both myself and Adam (non-sufferer) found it interesting and informative.

I think that this discussion group is extremely useful, but not everyone has access to the web... so it may be an idea to collate useful messages together and distribute in the newletter for those without access?

Cheers
Nic

Kate Love

Postby Kate Love » Tue 20 Mar 2001 1:34 pm

Hi Tony
I am at the other end of the county - I live in Hythe and work in Folkestone. I have heard from someone else in the Canterbury area as well.

Phil "Marathon Man" Davis

Postby Phil "Marathon Man" Davis » Wed 21 Mar 2001 11:09 am

It is very encouraging to read the responses to the conference and the activity between members it has engendered. Of course, it has made all the planning and effort very satisfying. There is a lot to build on in the coming months and we hope to sustain the enthusiasm that has manifested itself. From a personal point of view, it is a little worrying, because it is beginning to look like a given that I will be running the 2002 London Marathon, so Tony you better come up with a rigorous method of preventing that eventuality or should I begin the training now?

Phil "Marathon Man" Davis

Postby Phil "Marathon Man" Davis » Wed 21 Mar 2001 11:10 am

I have a serious question; is the keratoconus group agony aunt, Sue Ingram OK? I cannot believe she has only put one message on the page. Sue, have you broken your PC or are you still overcome with emotion from the conference?

justine

Postby justine » Wed 21 Mar 2001 1:02 pm

i am really sorry that i missed the KC conference, i have heard such alot about it and people have emailed me some of the details, i will be going to the next conference mind you,
justine, margate, kent

Simon Lawrence

Postby Simon Lawrence » Wed 21 Mar 2001 4:17 pm

Firstly, I would like to say that I'm really dissappointed to have missed the conference, however the write-ups on the site have made interesting reading.

Secondly, I'd like to pose a question; I have KC in one eye, statistically what are the chances of it developing in the other?

gilliangruder

Postby gilliangruder » Thu 22 Mar 2001 3:00 pm

Deleted by author 23-03-2001 01:02 AM

gilliangruder

Postby gilliangruder » Thu 22 Mar 2001 3:06 pm

I am 44 years old and need to drive. I do so now but am worried that, should my eyes deterioriate I will not be allowed to drive. My sight is just OK for the test. As I have had KC for (probably( a very long time I am hoping it has stabalised. However, I live in fear of the next eye test. I am always checking distances of number plates. Does anyone share these concerns?

I really enjoyed the conference and thank you to everyone who organised it. Well done.

Gillian

Return to “General Discussion Forum”