I cannot wear my contact lens due to hayfever. What next?

Don't ask questions here; this is for posting closed FAQs with their answers only.

Moderators: John Smith, Sweet

helenw1301
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: I have Intacs implanted

I cannot wear my contact lens due to hayfever. What next?

Postby helenw1301 » Wed 17 Jun 2009 9:22 am

It has made my hayfever ultra sensitive - even without my contact lens in. I'm taking medication and makes no difference.

When I had it on in the hospital - I was fine.

Now I can only wear it for 2 hours maximum before my eye gets so sore and dry. When I put the lens in - my eye waters for 10 mins

I wander what is the next stage for KC?

Lizb
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Spectacles

Re: I cannot wear my contact lens due to hayfever. What next?

Postby Lizb » Wed 17 Jun 2009 10:55 am

do you use any refresh type eye drops when you are wearing your CL? if not have you tried this as i have found it assists my wearing time.
Have you spoken to the hospital about the problems you are having, they may have some suggestions as to alternatives you could try.

I use, and i know some others also use, Clinatas Soothe with our CL, can be used with all lenses, it is a thicker solution to normal eye drops but does help the dry itchiness.

you have my sympathies though.
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

I´m not strange, I´m just not normal

Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad is a full minute of happiness you never get back

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: I cannot wear my contact lens due to hayfever. What next?

Postby rosemary johnson » Wed 17 Jun 2009 5:21 pm

It's possible there may be some anti-inflammatory eye drops that might help, if "ordinary" anti-histamine tablets don't.
I found my eye was much less red and sore and hay fevery last year on post-graft eye drops than it is this year (very red and horrible).
But you'd need to talk tot he hospital, I think - you'd probably need a prescription. ANd the anti-inflammatories used post-graft have other possible side-effects, so need quite a bit of care.
Rosemary

Return to “Frequently asked Questions - and Answers”