Soccer World Cup in SA

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

melissa
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Soccer World Cup in SA

Postby melissa » Tue 18 May 2010 2:34 pm

things in SA are really gearing up now in preparation for the world cup in 3 weeks time....
is anyone you know coming to South Africa?

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: Soccer World Cup in SA

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 19 May 2010 3:19 pm

I know people who would love to be going to South Africa, but as Scotland isn't playing in this particular tournament, they will do what I am going to do; watch on television.

For the record, and contrary to many people's expectations, this particular Scot is supporting ENGLAND in the World Cup. If they get knocked out, I'll decide then whom to support during the closing stages. (secretly I do hope that South Africa does well).

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

melissa
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby melissa » Fri 21 May 2010 6:44 am

we are all hoping the bafana bafana can pull a miracle out of the bag.... but their recent record hasn't been so good... infact we wouldn't have qualified if we weren't the host country.
there is lots of excitement here. I have tickets to 4 matches in Durban.... which should be interesting.. i might need to take my earplugs for the VUVUZELA noise... when there is a match in Durban the whole city sounds like a swarm of bees approaching.... Keep an eye out for the Durban Stadium- the one with the arch- its the sexiest of all of them....

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 25 May 2010 5:16 pm

Right, here's my list of teams to support:

England
South Africa
(In an england/SA final I'd support England but still be delighted if SA won)

In the event of both of these teams failing to make it through to the last eight, I'd revise my position in light of the list of teams that made it. I may change my Avatar for the duration, to demonstrate my support of the England cause.
:D

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

melissa
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby melissa » Fri 11 Jun 2010 7:42 am

oooooh i am so excited- i can't even explain how amazing the atmosphere in SA is at the moment.... almost everyone in my office is wearing yellow (there are a few england, portugal and italy supporters) and i was awoken to the sound of vuvuzelas this morning.... i am going down to the beachfront this afternoon to a fan park to watch the opening and kick-off match... so excited!!!
FEEL IT....IT IS HERE! :lol:

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Fri 11 Jun 2010 7:46 am

We have been watching television reports of a joyful South Africa greeting supporters from all over the world. Have a wonderful festival. No matter who wins the beautiful game will grow more lovely when lit under African skies.
Andrew MacLean

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”