New form of Intac

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

New form of Intac

Postby rosemary johnson » Tue 10 Mar 2009 7:18 pm

I know there's been a lot of interest in Intacs on this forum, and some people who have had Intacs implanted, with varying results.
I've come across a new form of Intac recently.
DOn't think anyone would want this one implanted in their eye, though.
"Intac" is the name of a racehorse.
Specifically, a 7 year old bay gelding novice hurdler.
He won a race at Plumpton 2 weeks ago, overturning an odds-on favourite inthe process.
He ran again in the 3 o'clock at Plumpton races yesterday, where he came across an even hotter odds-on favourite. He wasn't going to beat the favourite, particularly as he had more weight to carry, but made most of the running and kept on to finish second.
The name, naturally, jumped off the page at me, from reading so much about intacs on here.
I don't think he, or his owners, are anything to do with rings implanted in eyes, though.
It's an anagram of "Nicat", the name of his mother.
Rosemary

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: New form of Intac

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 11 Mar 2009 7:19 am

Did you venture a small investment on the possible success on INTAC?

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: New form of Intac

Postby rosemary johnson » Wed 11 Mar 2009 6:24 pm

Hi Andrew!
No, I didn't actually - I'm not really into betting, and anyway I was up on the roof (of the restaurant) ggetting a grandstand view of the paddock and the racetrack and hadn't the energy to run down the steps and back up again!
If I see him due to run again, I'l let the forum know - or anyone interested might be able to look him up on the racingpost.com website.
He's likley to be running in a novice hurdle race over 2 miles inthe south onf England, and his jockey's silks are royal blue, iwth a big pink star onthe front and back and onthe cap, and small pink stars ont he sleeves.
Roseamry

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”