cause

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Sun 25 Feb 2007 8:30 am

Due to the nature of the work I once did, I have toxins in my body that can not be removed.

I have had tests for mercury and despite a number of mercury fillings at the time of the tests which were all 10 years old, there was no trace of mercury. One thing that is released if ehat builds up when drilling out mercury fillings is mercury vapour which is more harmful.

Personally I avoid suplements because it is easy to overdo some trace elemnts. Selenium is a prime example as in low doses it is beneficial, but go much above your daily requirment it is very toxic.

Personally I would avoid carbonated mineral water and use the still mineral water. This is because the carbonation process amkes the water slightly acidic so can itselve in trace leveles dissolve some unwanted metals.
Gareth

Fth
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Fth » Sun 25 Feb 2007 9:07 am

Personally I would avoid carbonated mineral water and use the still mineral water. This is because the carbonation process amkes the water slightly acidic so can itselve in trace leveles dissolve some unwanted metals.

I believe this was the case with my amalgam fillings. And the cause why I was sick again after 5 months.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 25 Feb 2007 9:18 am

Fatih

Thank you for that explanation.

I am always looking for ways to move forward that are empowering and not disabling: your approach seems soundly based and very helpful.

Please do keep us posted on how things are going for you.

Yours aye

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Val G
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Val G » Mon 26 Feb 2007 7:22 pm

Very interesting post.

I have had a large number of mercury based fillings for 30ish years. I am eventually having them replaced as needed, but the more I read the more I feel I should have them all removed asap, or should have done years ago!

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 27 Feb 2007 8:31 am

Val

Be careful about the ay you have amalgam fillings removed. Gareth posted above that there may be greater dangers in having them drilled out than just leaving them alone!

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Tue 27 Feb 2007 12:59 pm

I gradually wnet over to the white fillings and I hve found thm to be problematic in that their duration is short lived and more tooth needs to be drilled out to replace the white fillings.

I have gone back to an amalgum filling because the white ones are so weak in comparison I have a tooth now that would need major work to rebuild it due to filling replacement rather tooth decay.

I concluded that by having a diet relatively low in acid components that the amalgam was the lesser of the two evils.
Gareth

ChrisK
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby ChrisK » Wed 28 Feb 2007 3:04 pm

What a fantastic topic with some superb informed input.

I look forward to further research.

Fth
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Fth » Wed 28 Feb 2007 11:42 pm

Collagen is the name of tissue which Cornea is made of. That is why you call the treatment collagen cross linking, right? Here is what I found about possible effects of mercury on the collagen tissue:

"A 1987 study showed that the levels of mercury in the spinal fluid of MS patients was 8 times higher than normal. [Silberod, R: A comparison of mental health of multiple sclerosis patients with silver/mercury dental fillings; Psychological Reports 70: pp.1139-51, 1992]. Mercury has long been linked to autoimmune diseases such as MS because of its affinity to attach to collagen tissue, which is the most common protein in the body. Polluted by mercury infiltration, the collagen is seen by the immune system as 'not self.'"

Copied from:
http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C586629.html

4. Collagen
Evidence from the Minimata Bay poisoning indicate that chronic, mercury toxicity can mimic collagen diseases such as lupus erythematodes, scleroderma, and arthritis. Poor wound healing, unexplained haemorrhage, particularly from the gingiva, and periodontal disease have all been reported as signs of mercury poisoning. There has even been a case of remission of periodontal disease following removal of amalgam fillings.11

Another weak but supportive experience:
http://herballure.com/...

On the other hand they say mercury interferes with thyroid gland and this is somewhat related to keratoconus if I am not wrong.

Regards,
Fth

Steven Williams
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Steven Williams » Thu 01 Mar 2007 4:41 pm

What a fantastic topic with some superb informed input.

I look forward to further research

Totally agree CK!

Amalgum fillings, dont mention that subject to one of my friends. Penny who share an interest in alternative natural medicine/remedies with me. Her daughter committed suicide and the prime contributor she believes was toxicity in her body, she had a mouthful of amalgum fillings!

The problem with amalgum fillings is when it becomes unstable like when it is drilled out or when and if you grind your teeth alot (quite common apparently in some people when you are unconscious, asleep!)

I have a couple of amalgum fillings and have raised my concern with my Dentist about the mercury/toxicity risk. Her advice was it was low risk and not to have the fillings removed.
If grinding teeth when asleep put a gum shield/purpose made shield in your mouth when you get in bed she advised!

The NHS system uses amalgum because its the most cost effective as Gareth correctly identifies.

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”