How is life treating you?

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

How is life treating you?

Postby jayboi2005 » Tue 07 Mar 2006 1:38 pm

So how is life treating you all?

any exciting news? or doing anything fun?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 07 Mar 2006 3:23 pm

Life is pretty good, thanks J-B

It has started to rain, so I know that all is well with the world.

Good to hear from you.

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Tue 07 Mar 2006 8:18 pm

Seem to be bogged down with work which is encroaching on home, but that is mainly as I have an interview in a couple of weeks for a different department at the place I currently work.

Doing my usual and preparing the KC defence, so far this has meant I have been able to demonstarte that KC is only a disability if you let it get the upper hand.

Wife too has an interview the same week for a better job at the place she currently works so we are both preparing presentaions for our respective intervies. Just need to make sure we give the right ones.
Gareth

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 07 Mar 2006 8:23 pm

Gareth

All the best with your interview. Same to yoru wife.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Rob Armstrong
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Rob Armstrong » Wed 08 Mar 2006 12:37 am

Not bad actually, I've managed to land myself a job as a graphic designer! Well, it's a placement through a graduate recruitment agency - but there's a job in it if I prove myself - which I'm determined to do.

Bust another stitch on my second day (well actually it was a bit of an old one poking through) - typical.

The boss was OK about it though.

Fed up with all these casualty visits, gonna ask my consultant about removing the remaining 4 stitches tomorrow, as it's looking like a matter of "when" not "if" they are going to break sometime soon.

I'm sure there's a joke there somewhere, like "Did you here the one about the one-eyed colour-blind graphic designer?!" Hehe - yeah, it was ME!

Rob.

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 08 Mar 2006 7:34 am

Rob

All the best with the new job.

Would you let us know what your ophthalmologist says about the rest of your sutures?

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 08 Mar 2006 10:29 am

J-B

(Back to the top)

And, hos is life treationg you, our young friend?

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby jayboi2005 » Thu 09 Mar 2006 12:30 pm

Yup life is good, i today had a letter from the Hospital telling me that i will have an appointment in about another 13 weeks :lol: so i did the grin, as i have heard that since early January :roll: I think i have a job sorted but that's the problem these days, they keep you waiting:!: But if not ill find something else. My tonsillitis all cleared away now! And i have joined forces with a charity. Spending a lot of time helping them now, as i really think the need help! As most of you know i am a Christian but go to the United Reformed Church so it is very laid back and all in context of today, we have just had a café built on the front of the church. Tea and Coffee around 20p a cup so im helping with that whole plan. Having a great time at the moment. Also getting better at my Driving :D have another lesson today. And i did give in and decided to take Nurofen to kill my constant headaches, i won't take pills unless i have to. But they stop my headaches so i can get on :lol:

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Thu 09 Mar 2006 1:14 pm

J-B

It is good to know that you have an appointment at last, even if it is way in the future.

All the best with the new cafe venture at your church. Is this a ministry for the young, the old or just the whole community? Years ago I was involved with an organization in Munich (Innere Mission Munchen) that set up coffee houses around the city as part of their ministry to the young people who hung about the streets. Then I was involved with a Swedish organization DKSN that worked on a detached model, taking huge pump action flasks of coffee onto the streets and meeting with the many young people who populated the streets of Stockholm, Uppsala, Gothemburg etc.

De Kristna Samfundens Nykrifulion (I think I have the spelling correct) worked also in centres to which people were invited to come. They could have a sauna, shave and tidy up before heading out to work, but the Swedish and German systems of National sErvice meant that the young people 'onb the streets' disappeared age 18 and did not return until they were in their early 20's when they would go either to University or into work.

Let us know about you job situation. You remain in our thoughts!

I think you are wise to take something to settle your headaches.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby jayboi2005 » Thu 09 Mar 2006 2:58 pm

well the United Reformed Church i feel is great. Very relaxed and everything has been brought into the context of today. Apart from anything it is a load of FUN! I won't mention the poll dancing fun (obviously fully clothed) around the pillars in the church hall. With the minister, so im sure you can see we have a grea laugh and a good time.

The coffee drop in (Cafe) is for anyone. If you want a coffee or a cup of tea then you are welcome. We really are doing the whole building up. We removed lots of walls and added glass screens. So anyone walking past the building can see straight in. :D

I think it wil be good FUN!

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”