I like driving im my car....

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 26 Mar 2006 1:45 pm

Sweet

then it's war

I name the Scottish Rugby team as the champions of the Nation's honour.

I propose that each nation plays england and the one that wins most often attains a moral victory. meantime, like the ashes, we hold onto the trophy, even if Wales wins.

Seems fair to me!

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Sun 26 Mar 2006 2:00 pm

Oh wise Andrew you do not play fair! You are dealing with things that do not belong to you and a Sweet who is going to rule the world!! I would be very careful if i were you! :P :twisted:

I hereby propose that we accept your offer under the condition that we can play with the odds around at the time when the land was stolen! This would mean that Wales was the champion then and so we would win by default!!!

Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Sun 26 Mar 2006 2:29 pm

Andrew,

I am so diappointed in you, a man of your education and man of the clothh to boot declaring war :(
Gareth

Sweet
Committee
Committee

Postby Sweet » Sun 26 Mar 2006 2:31 pm

Hehe hear hear!! I thought exactly the same thing!!! And on Mothers Day as well!! Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :twisted:

Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Sun 26 Mar 2006 2:40 pm

At least the car started first time, cranked the engine and within 10 seconds she fired! Not bad considering she was last started the end of the first week in November.

Just needed to prime the fuel pump. Shee needs a darn good polish though.
Gareth

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 26 Mar 2006 3:27 pm

Um, I go to Rugby matches whenever I get a chance. Whatever made you think that I was declaring war, rather than describing a state of affairs that already existed?

when I was at University I was even talked into playing a 'friendly' "Australian Rules" match.

Now, there's an oxymoron: friendly Austrailian Rules! :D

And, by the way, we didn't steal the land, we just moved in and took it over. Welsh stopped being spoken here, but the original occupants and their descendants are still here and here abouts.

At first they continued to speak welsh. Their welsh had long been influenced by the Scandanavian Vikings. then came the influence of the Scots so the langauge became Lallans, mixed a little with Doric. then came the Gaels who added to the rich misture of languages. then, at the Union of the Crowns, it became fashionable to speak a version of English, so that now we are one of the linguistically richest communities in Europe.

Of course at heart we continue to be celts. Perhaps we enjoy the ritual exchanges on the Rugby field, but given the alternative, this is an innocent diversion. We enjoy winning, but never seem quite to mind being deferated by the Welsh or Irish as much as we mind being defeated by another Nation close to our borders!

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Sweet
Committee
Committee

Postby Sweet » Sun 26 Mar 2006 3:50 pm

LMAO!! I know what you mean!! So ... the land is ours again!?!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it is well known that any celt playing against this other nation will gladly support the other side! Gee we have no UK support at all!! LOL! :lol: :P

Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”