Which solution do you use for your Hybrids?!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

jay87
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Which solution do you use for your Hybrids?!

Postby jay87 » Tue 05 Jun 2012 9:54 pm

Hi All

I am currently wearing a corneal RGP in my right eye and a soft toric lens in my left. I have 4 different solutions, the two GPs, one soft lens solution and one saline. Was just wondering, what do you use for hybrids? Was thinking I could still use the Boston cleaner for protein removal on my GP, then a 'soft' solution for disinfecting on both, providing it's one that can be used for hard and softs. I have heard solutions such as B&L biotrue can be used on both, and the cheap Tesco All in One solution I buy says it can be used on hard and soft lenses, although it seems essentially a 'soft' solution in texture and viscosity.

Any thoughts?

Jake x
Jake 8)

zeke

Re: Which solution do you use for your Hybrids?!

Postby zeke » Wed 06 Jun 2012 9:58 am

Hello,
I too have a rgp lens that I clean with boston advance cleaner.And a hybrid duette lens in the other eye. For solutions have used Quattro made by Abatron for many years which have found to be very good for me. It is a multifunctional solution for use with all soft and rgp lenses,all steps in one but does contian preservative which troubles some people. Recently I was advised to try a preservative free solution particually with using the hybrid lens. Which is Synergi made by Sauflon and is a multipurpose solution preservative free,for use with silicone hydrogel and all other soft contact lenses,but my optum said it was pkay to ue with my rgp too.
i personally prefer the Quattro solution but have to explore other options when problems arise to test us keratonics !!!!

jay87
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby jay87 » Wed 06 Jun 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks that's good to know some names. Have seem the sauflon synergy around and seems a good price, so may give that a go :-).
Jake 8)

jay87
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby jay87 » Fri 08 Jun 2012 8:26 pm

*bump* Anyone else have good solution suggestions?

Jake x
Jake 8)

longhoc
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby longhoc » Sat 09 Jun 2012 8:54 am

Hi Jay

I've used AOSept Plus (e.g. http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/ ... =267401353 but you can get it in any of the usual places) for both RGPs and Silicone Hydrogel lens types, so I'd say it was suitable for hybrids. It says on the patient information leaflet that it can be used on all lens types -- i.e. not just soft lenses. It is a hydrogen peroxide system which gets neutralised in the special case so it is an excellent disinfectant system. Always worth checking with the optometrist who prescribes your lenses if they think it's going to be okay, but I don't think you'd have any problems.

Best wishes

Chris

Return to “General Discussion Forum”