Make up and swimming

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

xloz69x
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Make up and swimming

Postby xloz69x » Tue 17 Apr 2012 8:57 pm

when can you start swimming and putting make up on after transplant, i got cream make up and powder stuff too, feart to try any of them though and dying to go swimming lol any help appreciated

Jezzafletcher
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Re: Make up and swimming

Postby Jezzafletcher » Wed 18 Apr 2012 6:55 pm

Hi Loz - still going in leaps & bounds then. I got medical advice re swimming - I went swimming after 3 months but you do have to be careful re both infection and Chlorine - was really sore from Chlorine... Can't really advise re make up as currently I am not supposed to reveal that my audition for Priscilla Queen of The Dessert was a success... Jezza runs off into the distance singing Mamma Mia....!!!

Loopy-Lou
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Loopy-Lou » Thu 19 Apr 2012 2:14 pm

well done Jezza!

Personally I wouldn't swim so soon after a graft I'd wait till the stitches were out and then only with very good googles, but I know everyone has different experiences/advice.
As for make-up the best water proof mascara in my experience [I've tried loads] is Lancome Hynose waterproof, and also their waterproof remover is good.
I use a cotton pad with some remover and dab the lashes, then dip cotton buds into the removed and 'roll' them across the lashes [which you can rest on your finger], then wipe excess with another cotton pad damped with water. Lastly I flush the eye with hypromellose to ensure no remover or residue is left.
I wore make-up not that long after grafting but was very careful in the first months putting mascara just on the tips and not right to the edge of the lashes and being careful and scrupulous with removal.
I find MAC eyeshadows the best for not flaking, keep eye pencils clean and sharpened and away from the inner rim [that's not skin that's mucous membrane], as loose powder on foundation, keep the eyes firmly shut when you brush on the face.

xloz69x
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby xloz69x » Tue 29 May 2012 9:21 pm

lol jezza..........thanks guys yip still all going good so far. got an appointment again on 12th July so will see what they say then

Return to “General Discussion Forum”