how does KC progression manifest

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

sarkac
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

Re: how does KC progression manifest

Postby sarkac » Wed 31 Aug 2011 1:21 pm

Nick,
I have a couple of questions i'd like to ask
(1) I would like to know, if possible to reveal, the current data for C3R ,if there were any failure story on C3R, or any long term risk.
(2) Secondly as you said KC should not be left untreated, so if my right eye does not show signs of KC yet, but left eye does, would it be wise to consider cross-linking on my right also?
I am 27 right now and stable on both eyes , and I have been advised to wait, as it was told to me that unnecessary interventions might bring up more complication that would not have normally come up without the procedures.
Its been a year and I have still not been able to decide. I would love to get this treated and move on with my life, and stop worrying, but there is always the long term side complication to worry of. Can C3R give me other kinds of trouble in my 40's or so?
thanks
sarkac

BurnTheAction
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby BurnTheAction » Wed 31 Aug 2011 2:18 pm

I'm 25, had crosslinking in my left eye a year ago. Eye has been fine since and no change. Wish it had been offered sooner as my right eye is too far gone now and is reaching the point of being too steep for a lens.

If diagnosed at an earlier stage and given crosslinking i could perhaps have saved myself from years of hassle!

sarkac
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Spectacles

Postby sarkac » Wed 31 Aug 2011 2:49 pm

BurnTheAction,
How long did it take for you to recover from crosslinking on the good eye, are you able to work with it.
Are you sensitive to light?
Did your pre-op vision change?
Thanks
sarkac

Return to “General Discussion Forum”