Debate! - What would you do with three wishes?!!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Debate! - What would you do with three wishes?!!

Postby Sweet » Wed 15 Jun 2005 11:07 pm

Hehe ok i thought i would post something we can all talk about!

So ... it is on having three wishes, lol, don't worry about how you're getting them, let's just say Christmas came early! lol! The little welsh fairy just passed by!!

Anyway ... the rules are

1) We are not wishing for love, money and fame here, lol, it has to be related to KC as that is why we are here!

2) We are not wishing for a cure here either, that would be more than a dam wish! That would be a miracle!!! :lol:

3) You are welcome to post and wish for the same things as others here, but you must have a valid reason to support it!

And the most important one ...

4) THIS IS JUST FUN but don't hold me to what you wish for!!!!!!!

Ok ........

I wish, i wish for the following ........

1) For SHORTER WAITING LISTS!!! - Ok i didnt need to shout that! But i guess i was just making a point hehe. Well a year and a half is a dam long time to be waiting to be seen at Moorfields for sclerals and i know that it's my fault some little ulcers got in the way recently, but hey it was still a dam long time before that! And also i have to add the years wait in Wales before that. My fault i moved but hey you have to follow a career, and due to personal reasons i needed to move, and London seemed like a good place to be career wise! So i just wanted to complain about it, lol But then there is the more relevant point which affects us all in the first place, and that is the wait to be seen and diagnosed! Most of us here can remember the long wait for that, which is very frustrating when you are worrying.

2) For information and support to be more available! I guess generally for patients to have a lot more choice in what lenses and treatment they have which is designed just for themselves, and not because of optometrists or consultant choice or because it is 'just what is always used for KC'! Also for the right to be seen wherever we choose! This postcode lottery needs to be changed so that if patients want to, and if they are prepared to travel they can! I mean in fairness when you find someone you trust you want to stay there don't you? We have to be seen a lot, so it would be nicer to be seen by someone who knows us! What would be even better though would be if the care and treatment was standard across the board, but hey even a wish has limits!!!

And ...

3) For free lenses and solution!! HAHA Well a wish is a wish and i'm not wearing these lenses for fun or vanity!! hehehehe Oh while on the subject can i have some fun here and have some coloured ones?!!! That would make wearing them somewhat nicer :lol: And i might not mind as much paying for them lmao!!! Oh well ... just thought i would try to sneak that wish in there, but even a fairy knows that is even more than a miracle!!!!!!

Hehehe ... and .... (ok ok i know i said three!) But there's a BOGOF offer in Sweet land!!! ROFL!!!

Ok ...

4) To stop a dam Sweet from posting and taking over the board!!!!!!!!!!

Oppss SORRY!!!!!!!!!!

And with that Sweet flew away!!
Hehehe, waiting for your wishes, and we will see what we can do!!!!!!! Just wondering what you all think! :lol:
Last edited by Sweet on Fri 17 Jun 2005 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sweet X x X

Pete B
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Pete B » Thu 16 Jun 2005 2:58 pm

1) That my graft is still working when I die.
2) Shorter clinic waiting times at Moorfields.
3) That KC in my right eye does not progress further.
"You don`t need eyes to see,you need vision."

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Thu 16 Jun 2005 3:03 pm

1) Short waiting Lists
2) Better front line staff that can speak english and understand what we are asking and not just assuming what we are saying
3)that the staff that are there that actualy perform fittings etc do stay there as there a valuable asset!!
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Paul Morgan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Paul Morgan » Thu 16 Jun 2005 7:12 pm

1.0 That the chap who fits my lenses never retires!

2.0 As per Pete...that my right eye stays as it is...oh and my left gets no worse.

3.0 To go back on the fabulous holiday in the Loire Valley, that I got back from yesterday. It was hot, hot, hot, beautiful, relaxed, I ate for too much, drank far too little...and I wanna go back! The weather here is just sooo cold!

Dipesh
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Dipesh » Fri 17 Jun 2005 7:42 am

Here's mine:

1) That my graft is still working when I die and my left does not get any worse..

2) Shorter clinic waiting times at everywhere eye hospital (but Moorfields would be a could place to start).

3) For more research to caried out on KC.

shoayb
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby shoayb » Fri 17 Jun 2005 11:16 am

3 Wishes is nowhereee near enufff sweet!
but hey what the hellll...here goes...

1) Shoot all optoms who have referred to KC as something proposterously ridiculous!

2) ALL KC Optoms/Fitters to be registered with this forum and MUST sign-in once a week to read the posts! (Or else sweet is let loose on em!.. Like the calrsberg Advert!) LMAO

3) NHS to blinkin fund KC Fitting and lenses! These lenses are not for personal beutification, but to get our bloody eyesight back!!! :twisted:

Since it's BOGOF

4) Extensive research find's super RGP, Comfortable and excellent vision! And i never have to get a graft!

There you have it! Honestly... i'm not twisted! :twisted:
"Snowflakes are one of Nature's most fragile things, but just look at what they can do when they stick together!"
"Tell me and i'll forget, show me, and i may not remember, involve me, and i'll understand!"

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Fri 17 Jun 2005 11:39 am

Hi All,

I was at an inovations course yesetrday, so I will be a bit different;

1) Any company that employs someone with KC has to make all other employees see like we do!

2) For those people who fail to grasp the concept of contact lenses being the only way to manage our condition without surgery after it has been explained more than once instantly gets afflicted with KC.

3) Everywhere we go, there should be a relaxation room with dim light and a nice comfy leather coverd massage chair! Had a go on one yesetrday and they are brillient. No idea what my collegue was doing in hers, but there was a lot of giggling, yelps and whimpering for her side!

And as for a BOGOF my fourth would be;

Have the organisers or this support group and confrence given a GONG in the next Queens honours list.

Gareth

Sweet
Committee
Committee

Postby Sweet » Tue 21 Jun 2005 3:01 pm

LOL, thanks to all those who replied, hehehe, some really nice ideas lol!!

Ok ... the big one on waiting lists, unless we all lobby and campaign for it, i can't really see that one taking off soon. Unless i suddenly have wings and a tutu and fly around with a magic wand! LMAO!! But maybe we should all make a noise, KC is not going anywhere is it??

Jay, i know exactly what you mean on receptionists, i'm tired of talking to people who can't understand me as well! LOL!! Maybe it is my welsh accent after all, and that is why i like to go back home hehe, but some have talked to me from here and they seem to understand me ok! LOL!! But maybe i should SLOW DOWN lol! I am also tired of being told to just leave my lens out and wait for an appointment, so i'll be off sick until September shall i?!!! Gee, let's please work immensely and add that to the nine weeks off i have had already!!!

Shoayb, lol, that really made me laugh on making optoms check in here, and what exactly am i going to do with them if they don't!! Maybe talk at them until i've driven them crazy!! LMAO!!!!! Hehehe. I have learnt that more optoms read here than you think, they just don't post! And while we dont have to check in, i guess it would be totally unfair to make them! Also there is a patient confidentiality thing that none of us have here when posting with our real names, so that may be a slight problem! Hehe

I do agree with you on the NHS paying for lenses though lol, thats why i put it on my list. I guess though that all that will happen is that money would be taken from somewhere else, so that might not work! But hey it's worth a shot right?!

Gareth, if i could grant wishes i would have to give them to you just for sheer innovation! Yours were different to what we all complain about and really made me smile hehe. I think that course did you a lot of good in thinking!!! I am tired of explaining, and explaining ... and oh yea ... did i say explaining to people i work with as well!

I mean as most of them are medically trained, you would think it would be easy wouldn't you?!! Not by half! I have only found one doctor who knew what the hell i was talking about before i explained, and he is the very nice guy i see at occ health, who is trying to get me back to work. I was so impressed that i didn't have to explain the whole thing AGAIN that i bought him a coffee while he thought about how i was going to return to work!! LOL! Little things i know!

It's just dam repetitive and there are only so many ways you can say it to the same person more than THREE TIMES lol, so yea i am with you as most probably are on that one!

Ok ... well i guess i have talked loads now!! LOL!!!

I don't really think mine are going to come true lol, though i am eternally hopeful where my eyesight is concerned, though i do come here and shout at times hehe!

I do know though that my BOGOF wish will come true! Sweet is trying VERY hard to stop talking and not take over the board!! LOL!! Although on playing catch up today maybe i have already broken it!!!

Gee ... what can i say??!! I TRIED!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehehe ... Love Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

Return to “General Discussion Forum”