Optometrists!! (Lynn and Ali) Welcome party!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Optometrists!! (Lynn and Ali) Welcome party!

Postby Sweet » Wed 15 Jun 2005 12:10 am

Ok have been kinda hiding for a little while around this as most here spotted lol! But i guess its really nice weather now so i can come out again hehe :)

Lynn it is really nice to see you back, and i didn't even need to poke you that hard!! LOL!! I know that a lot of friends here are glad that you are back posting and will have questions no doubt! Maybe you need to write another poem?!! Dear patient part two?!! Hehe!

A big welcome here to Ali as well who i notice has replied to some posts here already! It is nice that we have two professionals now. This just has to be better for us in getting support i think!

I know enough has been said on posting about certain lenses and questioning if people here are 'promoting' products, but lets just take all the hassle out of this and just go back to as it was when i first came here! When we didn't worry about upsetting the balance and threatening our status as a charity. This is all important and it should be, as being a charity is how this site runs, but we also need to be able as patients to ask for help and get some support. As i know that this is what this site is for!!

So i guess that while optometrists here know that they can't talk all day about one certain lens, as patients i guess we need to think about this and do the same!! It wouldn't be fair to question you both on one particular lens either. And as we want to know more about this condition and the help available it wouldn't really support us much would it if we alll rode the same horse!!

Its just it is worrying to us as patients sometimes in trusting here, as while there is the charity thing, there is also the fact of would we be better off? If someone was promoting products here they would obviously benefit, but unless it was proven to be the next best thing after sliced bread and we just had to have it where does it leave us? Although this doesn't alter the fact that i think along with others here that we do need to be able to come here and openly share where we are with lenses. There are a lot of lenses that i didn't know about until i came here, and after reading what John just posted on sclerals others feel the same!

So just wanted to say welcome and that it's nice to have you both here. And i'm sure that friends here will want to say hi as well! Hehe I'm sure we're not really hiding and ignoring you!! ROFL!!! So we can have a welcome party and move on from here instead!! Hehe i love parties! LMAO!!

Ok where'd everyone go? Come out of hiding hehehe!! ... who brought the chocolate and drink?!!!!!! Haha anyone for a welsh cake??!!!

Hehehe ... friends i don't want to poke you!!! LOL!! 8) But i will do and then you will need to catch me!!!

Lol ... Little Sweet bouncing away!!
Sweet X x X

shoayb
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby shoayb » Wed 15 Jun 2005 10:52 am

ere craazzy sweet!
I bring the Onion Bhagis and Samosas!
but a bit of an efnic twist into the party!

I share the same opinnion.. of NOT promoting A particular lens... but having an open discussion of the numerous lenses out there and peoples experiences.. whether it be a professional or personal experience!

I don;t know where i'd be if it wasn;t for this forum.. and from experience.. i have been able to create helthy discussion with my optom just by reading posts here!

Lets make this a coherent and a support group worth sticking around for!
"Snowflakes are one of Nature's most fragile things, but just look at what they can do when they stick together!"
"Tell me and i'll forget, show me, and i may not remember, involve me, and i'll understand!"

Pauline Houke
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Pauline Houke » Wed 15 Jun 2005 12:57 pm

Hi shoayb,
I agree strongly with your comments in that last post. If I had looked up this forum sooner, and read up on all of the other information available to KC sufferers I would have been able to ask a lot more questions about my treatment and options than I have done.
Never cry over spilt milk.It could have been whisky!

Ali Akay
Optometrist
Optometrist
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

Postby Ali Akay » Wed 15 Jun 2005 7:44 pm

Hi Sweet
My chicken kebabs are famous for miles around! I'll start marinating some right away !

Lynn White
Optometrist
Optometrist

Postby Lynn White » Fri 17 Jun 2005 7:16 am

Hi

Yes this is the whole point - you need to ask questions and the trick is to think of them first before you get there. Thats why forums like this are so important!

he, Ali - I'll give you a run for your money with my baked Red Snapper!

And thanks Claire for the warm welcome!

Lynn

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Tue 21 Jun 2005 3:17 pm

Lynn, no problem! Ali, i think you have a run on your cooking abilities lol!!! Maybe you should send some in to all of us and we'll judge it for you!!! ROFL!

I guess this has kinda proved my point though, as while the views to this post are over a hundred, the replies are nowhere near!!

Hehehe

I guess that you should just take it that most are happy for an experts view, i know i am! So would like you to stay.

Ok ... waiting for dinner now to be sent lmao!!!!!

Love Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

Return to “General Discussion Forum”