keraflex

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Marctec
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: keraflex

Postby Marctec » Sat 29 Sep 2012 10:32 pm

Hi to all,
Do you remember me? i'm the guy from Spain who made Keraflex and CXL procedure on september 2011.

I do KXL and CXL at 20-20 UK, just one year ago,
Just came here to see results of other people and as I expect, it's all bad news.
Mine too,
My operated eye is worse than ever, scar is still there, and vision is terrible, now I'm thinking to do a corneal graft.
So I think that will say how ai feel.

Also, I would like to explain the worse part of that...
after the surgery,the clinic NEVER called me or emailed about my status and to know how I feel...
Hope this can be shared and help to other people...
Best regards to all.

jhon
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: I'm coping with no aids

Postby jhon » Sun 30 Sep 2012 10:46 pm

hello Maectec
you know i have just wanted to put some information about imran rahman operation when i found this post of you
now for my story after i had started this topic about a year and a half ago , i decided to do the terrible keraflex operation about six months ago
now after six months(i waited for this period to give you the last result) of keraflex operation i can say that my vision is so terrible ,nevertheless my topography of my operated eye before the operation in the last level and i didn,t imagine that any operation would make my eye worse , but keraflex make my eye very worse than before.
I did the operation uk and like you they NEVER called me or emailed about my status and to know ,in addition to this after i paid about 3300 pound for this operation he ask me to pay addition 2000 pounds because in his opinion i need another cxl

now for you my friends(keratoconus patients) if you think is it possible that any doctor would do this operation and ruin patient life just for couples of thousands pounds
believe me that yes it would
if you ask me, do you advise to do this operation
i will say that maybe others doctors would make better results (i forget to say that there is lady from Germany did the kxl operation for her son in clinic in Germany and she got the same bad results ), maybe in the future will be there better results
but for now i won,t say like mr.Luciano that think 10 times before doing this operation
i will say don,t think at all for now about doing this operation

i wish i had listened to Dr.Lynn White about trying another soft lenses before doing this operation
this is my story if anyone has any question you can ask me

Marctec
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Marctec » Sun 07 Oct 2012 5:47 pm

Hi John, i think same as you. i don't recommend this surgery to anyone in the world,
Apart from bad resukts, the pain of the after operation it's impossible to explain... Extremelly hard days..
And this pain is 2x times worse after a week when done CXL... I don't want to remember this 3 post-surgery painful days..
. :cry:

John, what is the status of your eye scar post Keraflex?

Mine one year ago is the same...

jhon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jhon » Mon 08 Oct 2012 7:41 am

same as you Marctec
after seven months and my scar same as before in addition to the bad vision more than before
what is your plan next , what will you do for your vision

spotix
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

Postby spotix » Fri 12 Oct 2012 7:40 pm

same as marctec and john.

My son had done keraflex in Cottbus, Germany on May 2011. The scar because the terrible keraflex treatment is still in his left eye. I don't like this treatment. My son had an second crosslinking because the accelerated crosslinking after keraflex was not stable.

Marctec
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Marctec » Thu 08 Nov 2012 7:49 pm

Have anyone find a solution for the people who have the scar and worse vision before the OP?

I would be pleased if someone want to do a group to do a claim to Avedro and refund almost the money, because the eye it's damaged for ever...

jhon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jhon » Sat 10 Nov 2012 1:25 am

i don,t know Marctec
how the lens goes with you , are they working with you
and what other doctors say about the treatment after this false keraflex operation

Ajgormy

Postby Ajgormy » Mon 09 Feb 2015 11:34 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”