Split RGP Update

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

withnall
Contributor
Contributor

Split RGP Update

Postby withnall » Wed 01 Jun 2005 8:54 am

Hi ALL

Have been wearing them for four fays now(the new ones that is) and it is ok except, i was walking about like a robot for the first few days afraid i was going to lose them, afraid to make suden movements of the head. Afraid to scratch under the eye

Have been working the hours of wear up, as advised by optician. Yesterday managed 6 hours so today, i am going to go for 8 hours. I am still very aware that they are in eyes. Is this normal?
Withnall

Tom Gardner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Tom Gardner » Wed 01 Jun 2005 11:36 am

hi!

When I stated having mine, I was very aware that they were in my eyes - obviously because my eyes werent used to having rigid contact lenses in them! I found that after a few weeks of wearing them for over 12 hours I forgot they were in until a piece of dirt or eye lash got in them-which is very painful! Obviously as you have probably read from other posts, everyone reacts differently to RGP's so its down to the individual how you tolerate them?

Good luck with the lenses

Regards Tom

Tom Gardner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Tom Gardner » Wed 01 Jun 2005 11:37 am

hi!

When I stated having mine, I was very aware that they were in my eyes - obviously because my eyes werent used to having rigid contact lenses in them! I found that after a few weeks of wearing them for over 12 hours I forgot they were in until a piece of dirt or eye lash got in them-which is very painful! Obviously as you have probably read from other posts, everyone reacts differently to RGP's so its down to the individual how you tolerate them?

Regards Tom

Tom Gardner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Tom Gardner » Wed 01 Jun 2005 11:38 am

hi!

Regards Tom

Return to “General Discussion Forum”