anti aging eye creams?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

leili
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

anti aging eye creams?

Postby leili » Tue 06 Apr 2010 7:55 pm

Hey guys
Do you use anti aging eye-creams? Since I have been diagnosed with KC I havent been able to apply those creams because I always feel my eye get itchy.
Any experiences? Any special brands?
waiting to hear from you.
Cheers

Lizb
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Spectacles

Re: anti aging eye creams?

Postby Lizb » Tue 06 Apr 2010 8:02 pm

I use one of the clinique eye creams. my eyes dont react or get itchy (if anything it stops my eyes being itchy after my showers) - i actually started using it as my skin was reacting to the eye gel i was using at night. It is about £15 for a small pot however it lasts about 6months or more. It is quite light cream as well.
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

I´m not strange, I´m just not normal

Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad is a full minute of happiness you never get back

Graeme Stevenson
Optometrist
Optometrist
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC

Postby Graeme Stevenson » Tue 06 Apr 2010 8:26 pm

I am almost embarrased to admit it but I have used eye creams in the last few days! I was given some freebie Clinique for men samples when buying something for my wife.
i do not have KC but do suffer from hayfever and do get the symptoms in my eyes. However I have been able to use the Clinique cream without any problems at all.It has only been 3 or 4 days although in my experience reactions do tend to occur quickly.
I do understand that all the clinique products used around the eyes are approved by Ophthalmologists.

Hope this helps.

Loopy-Lou
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Loopy-Lou » Wed 07 Apr 2010 1:10 pm

There are various eye products across the price range, always look for something which is ophthalmologist tested, otherwise it is trial and error.
SPF [ideally 15] is really the main anti-ageing ingredient of any face cream, not the psuedo science they spout about action nanosomes etc on the adverts.
Clinique do one of the few eye creams with an SPF but there are other good creams around too, No7, Simple, Eucerin. Look for a soft cream or gel-cream because you don't want to drag the skin around your eyes. 'Pat' it it around the eyes and in my experience it's better not to use it at night as it can cause puffiness.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”