Advice - grey spot on eye

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

John W
Contributor
Contributor

Advice - grey spot on eye

Postby John W » Tue 16 Oct 2007 3:52 pm

Hi All,

This has scared me a bit, I have an appointment tomorrow with Mr Holland at Windsor but I have the following question?!

My girlfriend has noticed a small spot, like circle shaped that is what she calles a blurry gry on the pupil area of my eye. She said it moves constant with the pupil. i.e. if i move my eye up, it moves up etc etc and it is in the five o clock position as it she was looking at my eye....so i guess if i am looking out my left eye, it is in the seven o clock position. So basically she can see a small greyish spot (about the size of a full stop) that is over the pupil in the sort of five o clock position that moves consitantly with my eye.

Now from my point of view, I have had one floater for ages that I was told is nothing to worry about, but that was a while ago. I have not noticed any deterioation in sight and I certainly cannot visually see this spot, I would say the ghosting in my left eye has got worse though and I cant wear these soft lenses for very long (6 hours) before they start to hurt and irritate.

So does anyone have any ideas, i tried to google it and the only thing it came up with is light refraction?! It also said its not likely to be cancer because they occur on the iris and not on the pupil void.

Im quite worried about it though, worried its cancerous mainly...im a bit of a hyperchondriat...simple explanation would be that visually she is noticing the KC

BTW for those whgo dont know me, I have KC in both eyes and have had for going 6 years now, am 23 and am (i fear) just about on kerasofts, though I suspect a hard lens will soon be the left eye correction

Sarah M
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Advice - grey spot on eye

Postby Sarah M » Tue 16 Oct 2007 5:21 pm

Maybe its an ulcer???

If you have an appointment tomorrow, just make sure u get it checked. :D

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Tue 16 Oct 2007 5:46 pm

John

Rather than speculate as few here are medically trained or seen your eye, make sure you mention it with your optom.

Gareth
Gareth

John W
Contributor
Contributor

Postby John W » Wed 17 Oct 2007 3:11 pm

Well i had my appointment and...

the grey white spot is infact a corneal scar which i have had for ages, he said it has got a bit bigger which is why it may be visible. He also said getting cancer on that part of the eye is virtually impossible as it is a void...and corneal cancer is extremely rare and with the frequency I get my eyes looked at would be curable even if I did get it.

Secondly was the vision...not as greater news, the torment of hard lenses begins for the left eye. I am allowed to stay kerasoft in my right...for now. Im dreading the hard lenses but is a move I fear I need to take, I hope they arnt too much of a pain, but we will see, time will tell, next appt 13 Nov

donna
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby donna » Thu 18 Oct 2007 4:52 pm

I really dreaded trying hard lenses, I worried myself sick! It was easier than I expected and at the end of the wear time didnt want to remove them!
I think its a case of you dont know til you try :D

Return to “General Discussion Forum”