Seeing with one eye

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Michael P
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Michael P » Wed 16 May 2007 9:14 am

My right eye is the dominant eye but I have had no problems with just my left lens in.

naeemkhamkar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby naeemkhamkar » Tue 22 May 2007 9:06 pm

Hi,

I've was told 2 years ago that due to persistent rejections in my right eye, there was nothing we could do. We mutually agreed to end the treatment I was on. My left eye has a slight KC issue which mainly takes my focus away, nothing major.
Every 6 months I was dealing with graft rejection and had to re-train my brain to see through just the left. Again WOW the brain its amazing. After a few weeks it adjusts no walking into walls, doors or people. Then slowly I adjusted to the photophobia, now I'm living as much of a normal life as I can. Ive recently had aeye test (told I have legal vision with aid), I've taking up cooking as a hobbie and I do all the running around (school run etc...)
You will learn and adjust to singular vision, just remember be positive and doont let anything get in your way.
Ive had 4 graft rejections in right eye. I'm intolerable to lens in my left eye. Been 2yrs Ive learnt to live life with single ocular vision and I enjoy everyday as I have KC in my left eye. I live to enjoy everyday as it comes with my wife and children.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”