Eye muscles..one for the professionals?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Dave Dale
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Eye muscles..one for the professionals?

Postby Dave Dale » Thu 12 Aug 2004 8:09 am

Hi all, a little of track this one but eye related and I guess more for any eye professionals or people with experience of my little problem!!

Recently my vision has rapidly worsend in both distance and the images that I can see in my left eye. There is 'blind spots' and things in teh background appear very blurred when focusing in the foreground and vice-versa.

This is combined with some visual disturbances of white small flashing lights that are more obvious when looking at the sky, for some reason and large blue flashes on a ad-hoc basis.

I also experience a numb, throbbing sensation around my eye socket and under the eye, in the baggy area!!

I was wondering if it was possible to damage the muscles/nerves/veins whatever, all of these things as after an eye examination with dilated pupils all is said to look well? Is there such a method that allows for the scanning/observation of the eyes muscles etc?

This has got me kinda concerned as the pain and the flashers, with floaters have been constant over recent months with the change in vision as described above?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”