Keratoconus & cornea graft question

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

J_ZA
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Keratoconus & cornea graft question

Postby J_ZA » Mon 14 Jun 2010 3:23 pm

Thanks. It's always nice knowing that it was all worth it.
Now it's just the process of getting used to wearing a hard lens. Had it in for 1 hour today, so tomorrow it's 2 hours and so on until I'm used to it.

J_ZA
Contributor
Contributor

Postby J_ZA » Mon 07 Aug 2017 1:21 pm

Hi

Looong term update:
It's been about 10 years since my corneal graft. I have been using a hard contact lens and reading glasses for working on the PC and so on.

No other issues, and the graft is still doing good. :)

J_ZA
Contributor
Contributor

Postby J_ZA » Mon 07 Aug 2017 1:30 pm

Forgot to mention - after more than 20 years with the same optometrist, she referred me to another one and this has made a massive difference. For the South African members on here, Dr Brauer in Brooklyn Mall(ZA) is really brilliant with contact lenses and managed to have a lens made that I could actually stand to wear for more than a couple of hours. I have recommended him to friends and they have had similar experiences.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Anne Klepacz » Mon 07 Aug 2017 1:41 pm

It's great to get a long term update and one which is good news! The nature of forums like this is that most users only post when they have problems, so people new to KC can get a rather skewed idea of how KC affects people. I hope things continue to go well for you.

J_ZA
Contributor
Contributor

Postby J_ZA » Mon 07 Aug 2017 1:48 pm

Anne Klepacz wrote:It's great to get a long term update and one which is good news! The nature of forums like this is that most users only post when they have problems, so people new to KC can get a rather skewed idea of how KC affects people. I hope things continue to go well for you.

Thanks, yeah I may not post often but I'll keep updating from time to time and usually no news is good news I guess.

It really does get a lot easier. My only regret with this whole experience was opting to leave the sutures in so long. The last few created quite a bit of discomfort.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”