Keratoconus

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

jeff123
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Keratoconus

Postby jeff123 » Fri 05 Jan 2018 6:05 pm

Good Evening

I suffer with Keratoconus i have been going back and forward for months to opticians for contacts none work and some won't fit. The person i see in opticians is surprised that the past month or two one of my eyes has changed twice in quick time.

I am still waiting on my hospital appointment which i was suppose to get to go back before the end of the year but yet still no word and no one knows when i will get an appointment would rather the hospital look at my eye more to see how bad it has got just due to the opticians telling me it has got worst twice recently.

Anyone had any issues the same as me for the first question and for the second question how long have people waited to go back to hospital after been the first time

Look forward to your responses

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Keratoconus

Postby Anne Klepacz » Fri 05 Jan 2018 8:08 pm

How often KC is monitored in a hospital eye clinic varies according to how mild it is - for milder cases it can be once a year, for cases where it's progressing, then it tends to be 6 monthly intervals. I take it the hospital involved doesn't have its own contact lens department and so you've been referred to a community optician for your lenses. But it would be good to be seen in hospital if things are changing. Have you tried contacting PALS at your hospital (that's the team that deals with complaints)?

jeff123

Postby jeff123 » Fri 05 Jan 2018 11:08 pm

Anne Klepacz wrote:How often KC is monitored in a hospital eye clinic varies according to how mild it is - for milder cases it can be once a year, for cases where it's progressing, then it tends to be 6 monthly intervals. I take it the hospital involved doesn't have its own contact lens department and so you've been referred to a community optician for your lenses. But it would be good to be seen in hospital if things are changing. Have you tried contacting PALS at your hospital (that's the team that deals with complaints)?

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah my hospital don’t have their own contact lens department so you have to go your high street optician I have been going back and forward for months at my opticians and no luck I am getting one last chance with the next lens but if not working they don’t know what to do next yeah prefer hospital to have a look.

Where would I find the number to the people who deal with complaints ?

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Anne Klepacz » Sat 06 Jan 2018 4:22 pm

The hospital website should include a contact number for the PALS team (Patient Advice and Liaison Service). Or ring the hospital and ask to be put through to PALS.
Good luck!

jeff123

Postby jeff123 » Sat 06 Jan 2018 10:23 pm

Anne Klepacz wrote:The hospital website should include a contact number for the PALS team (Patient Advice and Liaison Service). Or ring the hospital and ask to be put through to PALS.
Good luck!

Thanks a shall look for the number and let you know how I get on.

jeff123

Postby jeff123 » Tue 09 Jan 2018 2:22 pm

jeff123 wrote:
Anne Klepacz wrote:The hospital website should include a contact number for the PALS team (Patient Advice and Liaison Service). Or ring the hospital and ask to be put through to PALS.
Good luck!

Thanks a shall look for the number and let you know how I get on.

Good Afternoon

I manage to get through to local hospital and got an appointment should have been back by at least last month but they are running a little late behind but will be at local hospital this month so will shall update with any more info about how it goes.

thanks for your help

Return to “General Discussion Forum”